So who is the painter on this one? Mike Learn??/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who is the painter on this one? Mike Learn??/

Had this one a short while and have it up in the classifieds. I bought it the way you see it. I had papers saying it came from the factory with this paint. No idea wtf I did with that info but anyone ever seen this one before? I bought it when I was in Colorado and I assume its an 07ish by the serial. I think i snagged it in 08.

I always wondered if it was a Learn job but I thought all his said Custom Shop on them. :think: The paperwork I had was a buildsheet and email but to be honest I never really paid attention just thought it looked cool and way fuckin overpayed for it back then lol.

I dont see a signature anywhere but ill open the cavities and look again tomorrow as its been a few years and I cant remember seeing anything in there.

Heres a crappy pic ill get some outside tomorrow.

This pic does it no justice. There are many layers in this job. Between the pickups are ghost skulls, the main silver side graphics change color (assuming interference paint). The real flame job is bad ass and if this was an aftermarket job it was definitely a high caliber job.

Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Well chris. Has mikes flare but on the ones he's done for me he signs near the 24th fret marker. But you kinda have some nice guitars hidden away don't you?.

Comment

I have one or 2 hiding here and there lol
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

no ideas?
        Haters gonna hate

Comment

Try emailing Mr. Learn directly. If it's his I'm sure he will tell you. He is a JCF member. You can also email him at his airbrush or guitar sites - google. For someone as talented as he is, he is very down to earth and is more than willing to help with any questions anytime I had wanted to pick his brain.

Comment

This was not painted by Mike, but I recognize some styles... not sure enough to mention.
            Diana Learn
            http://www.LearnAirbrush.com
            http://www.LearnGuitars.com
            http://www.MikeLearn.com

Comment

That one has the vibe of a vinyl overlay to me. Not saying it is, but somehow it has that look..
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

its a bad picture man it has extreme depth to it I shot that sitting on a table inside with massive glare, if it wasnt blowing 65 outside I would snap some pics of it now.
                Haters gonna hate

Comment

Craig Frasier? Craig Christy? ...I'm guessing. Look for a signature buried in there somewhere.

Comment

Heres a few more shots. Tis a cool one

Haters gonna hate

Comment

I think this is one that was done by Mauricio who works for FMIC at the Ensenada plant. He does stuff from time to time down there for the Corona plant.
                      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Mauricio - I believe that is the name on those Charvel USA Pro Mods with the Blue flames.

Comment

Thanks everyone I appreciate the info. It sold to another member so she will stay in the family.
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                          X