Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL1 Advice

Newbie here and first post.

I have been offered a white soloist 2009 for what I consider a reasonable price here in the UK. I've played a Soloist in the past, but for only a short time/hours. From what I can remeber it was an awesome guitar.

Now I mostly play rock (AC/DC GnR) and some metal (Children of Bodem), but as I write I am really getting back into playing Texas style blues.

My question is, although I know the solist is not the ideal blues guitar, can I hack out some SRV on it if I hook it up to my Fender amp and 808?

Any thoughts?

Sure you can. It's a very versatile guitar.

You could always swap one of the stack pups for a single coil for that SRV tone anyway.
    But certainly, the SL1 is good to go for any pretty much any musical style.
    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I agree, you definitely can play bluesy on a soloist. Very versatile.
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I have a '98 SL-1 and I can get all kinds of different blues tones. The Duncan's with the 5 way offer up alot of tones. I'd jump on another especially if the price is right. Good luck.

Comment

You'll look kind of silly playing at the Neon Cactus, but yeah, you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TinY View Post
            Any thoughts?
            It's all in your head. If you want it to work, it will. If you don't, it wont.

Don't forget you can pickup swap and install a push/pulll pot to split the bridge into single coil mode.

I don't have an SL1, but I do have a Model 6 which is pretty much the same thing.

Comment

I find once the drums and bass are going telling the difference between my SL-1 and Strat is rather difficult. Noodling around by myself and really trying; yeah okay maybe it doesn't quite have that Strat like tone but its really really close.
              1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
              2002 Candy Apple Green DK1
              2008 Satin Black SL3
              2011 Charvel Socal Candy Red
              2010 Les Paul Standard Plus Cherry Burst

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

Working...
              X