New here and new SL2H!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and new SL2H!

Hi everyone, I wanted to get started on this forum and what better way to do that than post some pics of my new to me '03 SL2H! I've been playing my snow white RR1t for a few years now and couldn't help but get myself another USA Jackson. Took a risk on the soloist, being that i have not played one, ever, as no stores around here carry Jackson's (other than a handful of their cheaper V's and dk's). Couldn't be happier with the purchase. The size and weight is perfect for me and the neck couldn't be more comfortable... as i was expecting.

However, I can really use some help! I've never seen a soloist (or any Jackson) in this color, and I'd love to find some info on it... if even just the name lol As you can see, the color is mostly blue/green, fading to black on the edges (the back is solid black) and the center of the transparent blue/green also has a tint of yellow at certain angles. Previous owner knew the emg's and battery were original, but unfortunately he didn't know about the color. Anyways, here she is...

Thanks guys!

Well, it looks kinda similar to my PC-1 Chlorine minus the black edges. If I were to guess I would say the color is chlorine. Anyways, welcome and that's a really nice looking SL2H!!
    Last edited by srommes; 03-23-2011, 04:14 PM.
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Welcome to the forum. It's like a trans blue, but with the black burst around the edge, I think it's called Cabo, a discontinued color.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Let me know if you ever want to sell it. I like that finish.
        I only need one more guitar.

Comment

One of the rare occasions where chrome hardware actually looks cool.
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

thanks guys, so it may be a transparent cabo or chlorine? i'll try to take some pics in sunlight to see if that helps any. it really changes color under different lighting. This color scheme is pretty much exactly what i was looking for (some kind of blue burst), and i was so close to settling for a standard transparent blue. Nothing wrong with transparent blue, but seems like there are just so many out there.

Thanks devotee, i'm also diggin the chrome on this one

Hehe, sorry Forrest, but i think i'll be holding on to this one for quite a while!

Comment

It's not chlorine, the burst around the edge on chlorine is blue and that looks black. I really like that though, it looks very 'classy'.

If the EMG's are original this could be part of a limited run or something, I don't know if the SL2H ever shipped with them.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Check the handtag, assuming it came with one. Should tell you which finish on that.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by faid2black View Post
                  Hehe, sorry Forrest, but i think i'll be holding on to this one for quite a while!
                  Well welcome to the forum. Please be careful with it just in case.

Comment

Whoa! Never seen an exact finish like that before. I'd say it was transparent blue black burst but that's just an educated guess.
                    I dont even know if that was ever a regular finish although I do remember seeing a DK1 quilt maple with a similar colour scheme.
                    It's a beauty, certainly.

Congratulations. You can't go wrong with a soloist.
                    Last edited by Mazrim; 03-23-2011, 06:13 PM.
                    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

unfortunately, it only came with the jackson manual and not the tag =(

the seller did mention he was told this was a limited run and is 1 of only 25, but he had no way of confirming it with Jackson. So far, this looks to be true because i can't find another example of this thing lol

oh, i'll keep her in top shape just for you Forrest!

Comment

Haha, thanks. Congrats on your purchase man. I love transparent finish SL2H's, I have too many already. It's hard to stop at just one, be careful or you might end up in the same boat.That finish really stands out though.

Comment

That thing NEEDS chrome pickup rings.

It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, and congrats on the new guitar, looks great. I will be competing with Forrest if you ever decide to sell it......

Comment

interesting suggestion devotee, i will definitely take a look at chrome p/u rings

it's so funny cuz i look around here and see some of your collections and think how in the world...? and yet here I am, thinking about what my next jackson will be lol

Comment

Working...
                              X