Is my new soloist really that rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my new soloist really that rare?

I just traded this one for a Black Kelly. Guy told me it is very rare USA SL2H "Silver Swirl", showed me a purchase "paper work" that showed $2800. He even went all out saying "only five was made", sounded like a load of crap, but who knows...Anyone seen these before? Is it that rare?

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/...3DIMG_7214.jpg
    Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

No, it's not 'that rare'. There aren't hundreds of them, but there are a decent number..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Technically speaking, the finish on yours is unique. No other guitar has the exact same. As far as "only 5 made", I don't know. But I won't be surprised if Silver swirl in fact is rare on a Jackson. Yours look awesome!
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

It's probably about the best finish there is though.
        And I've not seen too many about.

I absolutely adore Silver swirl. It looks like it was made by Aliens.
        Congrats. I think you made the right choice.
        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

That looks badass!

Also: GTWGITS
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks dudes, that is also the best playing guitar I have/had so far...Beats my ESP KH-2 any day, (which I thought was imposible)...
            Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
              It looks like it was made by Aliens.
              My first thought also. Alien-like. I had forgotten about how cool this non-color finish is.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That swirl is killer !!!
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

There was a run of those with blood drip inlays, reverse HS with blood drip Jackson logo, and a "kill switch", so there's definitely more than 5 of that finish.

Comment

I was just thinking about this finish the other day, looks killer!
                    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Love this finish as well. I'm pretty sure they use a plastic bag put over the base color and twist it to get that pattern. Pretty neat. HNGD!

Comment

I like the silver swirl. I don't think they do it but a gut on pitts cl has a kv2t in that finish. Looks cool as hell.

but as usual. He's asking way to much.

Great looking guitar you have though.

Comment

Working...
                        X