Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could only pick 1..

John 3:16

Reverse Strat head for me. That thing is friggin sick with a Keyhole brass v-trem, unreal top/color and of course the reverse strat head on a Jackson. Totally unique and different IMO. Keep in mind that you asked for us to pick only one. The others wouldn't be kicked out of bed either.

Comment

All cool, but I do kinda favor the green one.
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Yup all cool, but even though the red soloist is beautiful and would better suit my needs in floyds, hss config and 24 frets, I'd take that green reverse strat any day. That is just a spectacular figured body. I'm honestly quite amazed. Radioactive almost

Comment

I'll take the neck of the quilted red, the body of the green and the config of the flamed red
          You guys can have the rest
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

So what is the story on the green one??

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              So what is the story on the green one??
              It was my dream guitar I always wanted but could never find. SOOO, I had the neck built by an employee at Jackson, a friend of mine in Finland sent me the brass keyhole trem STILL IN THE PACKAGE (1978) and I ordered the body from Warmoth.

The neck is a copy of my old Pre Pro Charvel but with an extra fret added. I actually sent my pre pro neck in to be used as a template. EVERY measurement was replicated. THe back of the neck is a SICK piece of flame maple.

As fo the body, I was going for looks and playability. It is an alder body with a AAAA quilt top in greenburst. THe back of the body is candy green metallic with the cut away neck joint for all access. The guitar was a little bright with the maple top and I went through a bunch of pickups before settling on a Full Shredd. I HATE that pickup in any other guitar except this one.

This guitar is my number 1 and my baby.. A total labor of love.. Is sounds, looks and plays KILLER.

Comment

the green strathead

Comment

Red SL1.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                    Red SL1.
                    its a DK1

to the OP,
                    Keep the strathead, you seem quite attached based on the story above, and it looks killer

Comment

All three are bad ass but the green one has the "it" factor

Comment

So the maple one has a recessed trem?? That comes as a surprise to me.

Comment

Yeah, it's that "half-recess" thing Jackson did in '89 til around '91-'92... Incredible action on that flamey strat.. Sounds great..

Comment

Dk1
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

reverse strat head
                              1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                              Jackson SLATQH
                              Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                              Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                              Jackson DKMGT (project)
                              Kramer Focus 1000
                              Ibanez SDGR Bass
                              Ovation Celebrity
                              Martin Backpacker

Comment