NGD + Hello to the forum, Many pics inside of most of my guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD + Hello to the forum, Many pics inside of most of my guitars

My first proper hello to the Forum. I recently received a Jackson RR1 in Black with Gold Pinstripes! Immediately I set to having the bridge changed to gold, machineheads changed to grover gold ones as well as gold pickup surrounds. I also installed a Tungsten Block (32mm) for the Floyd and had the 'Seymour Duncan' branding buffed off. An RR truss rod cover was finally installed.

As soon as this was done I had a custom flightcase made as I intend to bring it with me to quite a few places.

The guitar itself was a pleasant surprise. The worksmanship was excellent and there were only very few flaws; the truss rod had been partially painted over (which was easily corrected) and some of the frets were still a bit sharp, a bit of a dress sorted that out. Seems very good for a USA production, though not the same as the Masterbuilt NAMM Warrior.

The playability is excellent and the wide yet thin neck really is perfect.

Onwards to the Pics, the quality is only from an iphone and lighting is terrible - I will re-take some once I have a bit more time on my hands.

First the Guitar as it arrived:

New Case + Modded Guitar:

And a few of the guitars and Amps in the room. There are 3 guitars missing from this collection as they are currently abroad. Will get pics of them when I can.

80's Carvin has BKP Nailbombs + NAMM Masterbuilt Warrior has BKP Warpigs

ESP AOI, ESP BMF Purple Flames, Gibson 345, Dean VMNT signed 6/150

ESP AOI Closer

Vintage acoustic, Warmoth Mockingbird (scalloped), Les Paul Studio, Spanish guitar my brother picked at a random luthiers in Spain, Cordoba, RR1

Calibre classic Mockingbird

I have close ups of any of these guitars if anyone wants.
    I got the (EDITED) Blackstar HT5 amp the other day to take with me on my travels, what an awsome little combo! Fantastic tone when pushed with an OD pedal.
    Last edited by naelpierre; 03-03-2011, 11:48 AM.

Wow !! Love your rr1 . Very nicely done !

Comment

Nice one. Welcome to the board. Nice roadcase too. Where did ya get it?

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
        Nice one. Welcome to the board. Nice roadcase too. Where did ya get it?
        Thanks! I got it from Performance Flights in Hitchen, UK. was well priced and nice guy to deal with. I asked for the most protection though and I swear the thing weighs 20kg on its own!

Comment

Sweet flight case & RR! Welcome

Comment

That RR1 looks classy as fuck, gold hardware should come standard with that finish! That flightcase is fucking immense, looks like it should be transporting a Barrett M82 rather than a guitar.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Cool guitar! That's the kind of case that should come with a Rhoads IMO.
              The original cases are anything but solid...

Nice collection of amps as well.
              Is it an HT5 in the middle?
              How do you like it?
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by naelpierre View Post
                I got the Blackheart amp the other day
                The Blackstar? I might as well ask because Wilkinsi will want to know the minute he sees your post - so we might as well have it sorted out

Impressive collection you have! That's a Kahler on the Warrior?
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yes sorry I just edited. Blackstar HT5 in the Limited Colour. It is awsome, I will post a video of the amp playing later tonight so you can hear it. On its own it is fantastic, but along with a delay, Blackstar HT-DRIVE and Noise Suppressor it really shines - fantastic tones at even low volumes.

Yes Kahler fixed bridge on the Warrior, I picked it up from the states in Music Zoo when the USD to GBP was 2 to 1

Comment

Oh yes, seems like I missed the last paragraph of your post.
                    Did you have the opportunity to plug it into a 12" speaker cab yet?
                    It's a 10" built into these, isn't it?
                    I wonder how the low end is like with the small speakers these come with...
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Beautiful RR1 man, and nice collection.
                      I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Looking good.. That esp aoi is a crazy design. LIke it..

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                          Looking good.. That esp aoi is a crazy design. LIke it..
                          It's quite interesting as it sits/hangs when playing very much like a Les Paul. Pickup wise too it has Lace Sensor Singles and Seymour Duncan Single/Rails, so very different sound.

Comment

Nice hardware swap on the RR1. I dig it.

And +1 to the thought that Jackson should make gold hardware standard on all Jacksons with that black w/gold pins finish. I've thought that same thing for years now. It's such a no-brainer that I can't understand why Jackson hasn't done it all along. :think:

Comment

First pic, I was already jealous ^^. You really have an awesome collection !

Comment

Working...
                              X