Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DR2

Hello all..

Does anybody know if DR2's are any good? I have been offered a '97 made DR2 (Made in USA?) in exchange for my RR5, and don't know anything about those reverse dinkys. I see it has quite blocky looking neckjoint, but that's not my biggest concern. Is the trem good? Any opinions on swapping my RR5 to it? Oh, and it's in pretty good condition too, just couple dings, nothing bad.
    Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5
    Line 6 Pod x3 live, diy Madamp M15mk1

There great guitars but the trems are the jt580lp probably a tacheuki so it's pretty good. Same design that comes on the current imports(made better back then).

Comment

But aren't current import trems (ke3, dk2 etc..) supposed to be "improved" versions with better baseplates and whatnot?
      Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5

Comment

They used the takeuchi ones until fender bought them in 2002. They are 180 new. The trem they used after that sucked in quality so yes they improved them over the trems that they used since 2002.

Comment

Oh, okay.. Thanks for the info. I have decided not to exchange my guitar to the dr2. Maybe I'll just sell it and then decide what is going to be my next guitar number one.
          Gear currently owned:

Comment

I have two DR2s, both with satin finishes over ash. I am not a heavy trem user, so I can't really say much about the quality of the Takeuchi vs. anything else. The Screamin' Demon bridge pickup that came stock in the DR2 certainly wasn't suited for the death/thrash metal I play, so one DR2 now has an SD Alternative 8 and the other a Full Shred. Great guitars if you like a fairly stripped-down look.

I've never tried one of the poplar versions with solid color finish and clearcoat, so maybe someone else can chime in.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X