• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Jazz'r content!

Can you dig it?

Damn...nice score!!

Comment

Sweet guitar!
      Please tell me more about these Swetone guitars.

Comment

Very nice. Are those P-90s or minibuckers?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks for the kinds words guys.

I'm not really a jazz'r expert but they were made with a spruce body hollowed out. Maple cap, front and back. I was surprised at how thin the top and back were...very flexible. Also this one is made with a subtle bent arch to the top and back. Mahogany neck thru, string thru design. Pretty pronounced V neck although I've heard not all were like this. Some came with P90s, most with full sized buckers and this one with mini buckers. This is the only mini bucker I've ever seen. I was told that Mike Shannon made this one for a Jackson exec. so it may be one of a kind. Locking Spertzels. Two volumes, one tone. Medium-smallish frets. 25 inch scale.

This guitar weighs NOTHING. Its about 5-3/4ths lbs. I can get the action lower on this guitar than any other guitar I own...its almost freaky. Tone wise it sits between a 335 sound and a full on jazz box. Its pretty mellow but will snarl when pushing a vintage styled amp. I have a Mesa Blue Angel, a burst Eternity and with the Jazz'r its a sweet vintage styled setup.

Comment

Nice geetar

The only thing I didn't really like about the ones I've had is the hard v neck profile. I had one NAMM model that had a traditional C/D backshape and that one was really comfy to play.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

sweet! gorgeous colour
              Hail yesterday

Comment

a jackson with a volute?!?!. Im in heaven. Want it.

Comment

I'm just wondering what's the deal with them. I've hardly ever seen them on the web and they don't list them on the website amongst their other models and it's not a metal guitar, the logo is different and I'm confused. My Jackson world has been turned upside down!

Comment

Newc (and others) can fill you in with more detail since he has owned a few. Basically, they were only made for a short time about a decade ago, they made a number of different models/configs marketed at a non-metal crowd. You don't see them much because they didn't make a lot of them. From all accounts, beautiful high quality instruments. No longer on the website because they're not a current model.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Congrats!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
                        I'm just wondering what's the deal with them. I've hardly ever seen them on the web and they don't list them on the website amongst their other models and it's not a metal guitar, the logo is different and I'm confused. My Jackson world has been turned upside down!
                        Check out the last few pages of the 2002 catalog for specs of the SweeTone series. They were also available with two different neck profiles. Mark Morton's Dominion was also loosely based off of the Jazz'R.
                        http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...002_Jackson%2F
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, these weren't a big seller, even though it was hard to pin them to "them hair metal geetars" everyone was avoiding. Two of the three I've had were formerly owned by Bluegrass players who complained about the hard V profile messing with their arthritis.

Put a Les Paulish neck on these with a more rounded profile and narrow nut and I bet they'd actually sell. Flametops and solids as well would help, since those 5A Quilted tops and backs kinda jack the price up.

Someone here has a really rare one that's gloss black with white body binding and I believe a solid mahogany body.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks guys! Helped my curious mind!

Comment

Looks good dude. Interesting indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X