Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one that gave me the gas .................. a red hot '85 RR Custom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one that gave me the gas .................. a red hot '85 RR Custom!

Hello freinds! Long time distant viewer, new member. This is the Jackson that started my gas. It's an 1985 San Dimas Randy Rhoads Custom. While I have had 6 other USA Jackson's I have never had one older than a 2003 nor have I had one that effected me the way that this one has. Now I've got the gas for the Jackson's. Before it was simply admiration, now it's full blown addiction! I just wanted to say hello and let you know how I got the bug. Feel free to drop in and share your first meaningful Jackson experience. Peace everyone

1985 San Dimas RR Custom 020.jpg1985 San Dimas RR Custom 003.jpg1985 San Dimas RR Custom 005.jpg1985 San Dimas RR Custom 018.jpg1985 San Dimas RR Custom 015.jpg

Nice looking fiddle! Do you know what pickup the neck is? Clearly the bridge is an invader hehe.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks. No I didn't remove the neck pickup yet to verify. Acts like a Duncan though.

Comment

Absolutely stunning guitar!
        I've had three Jacksons before, but when I got my first King V (never even seen one in real life), they way they unveiled it at the store, brought out the v shaped hardcase, opened it up and there it was fingerprint free, my God. Four-five years of longing after one. Megadeth, right there infront of me.

Comment

Originally posted by tonesfoyobones View Post
          Thanks. No I didn't remove the neck pickup yet to verify. Acts like a Duncan though.
          My first thought would be a jazz but if it is, then it's in upside down. Ah well, doesn't matter as long as it sounds good. I love those old bridges too they looks like they are built to survive armageddon.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

funny but I have yet to notice that. I just pulled it and it's a 59N.

Comment

Red pickups ftw ^^.

Only a full PURPLE could have been better for my taste haha!

Comment

My first Jackson was also a San Dimas Rhoads string through! Still got it too!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Awesome !!
                  "heavy metal music in the true style of the 1980’s"

R A Z O R W Y R E

DOWNLOAD EP || FACEBOOK || MYSPACE || YOUTUBE

Comment

Sweet
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                    X