Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about the WR1 Warrior

Hello,

Does anyone own or have playing experience with the WR1 Warrior?

How would describe the overall tone: bright, dark, or middle-of-the-road?

How do you like the Invader/Full Shred pickup set? Can you get good clean tones? What about tight, punchy thrash metal crunch?

Thanks!

Generally, people don't buy WR1's for clean tones , though I've never had a problem. And I own 3 of them. I would say the stock pickups have a lot of low and mid-low band balls. I wouldn't say the bass in the SH-8 Invader is as tight as the SH-6 distortion. I currently have Dimarzio's in all 3 WR1's at the moment. I will eventually put at least one pair of pickups back to stock.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I owned one a few years ago, and think it was when they came with Seymour Duncans in them. Any way, the guitar is a great instrument to play and balances very well.

Comment

They still do.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          Generally, people don't buy WR1's for clean tones , though I've never had a problem. And I own 3 of them. I would say the stock pickups have a lot of low and mid-low band balls. I wouldn't say the bass in the SH-8 Invader is as tight as the SH-6 distortion. I currently have Dimarzio's in all 3 WR1's at the moment. I will eventually put at least one pair of pickups back to stock.
          what are band balls?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            what are band balls?
            Uh oh, here comes Rsmacker!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Mid-low frequency band presence.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dimarzio X2N/Evo neck is pretty stellar thus far... the invader is like a shitty blackout with no mid-highs
                Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by racerx View Post
                  here comes fatass!
                  eq :d
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Remember too that you can always change the pickups or even add push pull pots if you want clean honed single coil tones. The Warrior is a great guitar and can be versatile if you play around with it like that.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                    X