Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to Jackson and the JCF - PC1 content!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Jackson and the JCF - PC1 content!

Hey guys. Haven't frequented these forums in a long while, I kinda lost interest in playing metal - I know, I know, you can play anything on a Jackson too but stylistically I've drifted away from pointies and apart from my custom guitar (based on a Kelly!) I've mainly been playing Les Pauls.

Until I found something to entice me back.... my first USA Jackson.

Clearly figured woods give Phil Collen, uh, wood.

A few questions for you knowledgeable JCFers.

- Is there a reliable way to date these from serial #? It's 005126.
    - Did the older Jackson Sustainers come with 2 modes only? The website specs show Fundamental/Harmonic/Blend, but my mini-toggle only has two positions. Not that it's a big deal to me, just curious.
    - I'm not so hot on the Super 3 with my amp, and will probably want to swap it out. Will this affect the performance of the Sustainer system? I read somewhere that the Sustainer was "optimized" for use with the Super 3 so am a little hesitant here.

Cheers and thanks for looking. It looks like quite a bit has changed around here, look forward to getting to know you all again!

The Sustainer has two modes (Fundamental and Harmonic) - the 'blend' is one of the pots, and I believe this just controls the level. Changing the bridge pickup won't affect the performance of the sustainer, as long as you do the swap properly and don't fry anything on the circuitboard.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ah right, cool - thanks for that. I'd thought that pot was called the intensity control, which I guess kinda means the same thing...

Comment

Straighten out your locking nut clamps! :0
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          lol

that axe looks AMAZING !!!

well done and have fun !!
          "heavy metal music in the true style of the 1980’s"

R A Z O R W Y R E

DOWNLOAD EP || FACEBOOK || MYSPACE || YOUTUBE

Comment

Beautiful PC1!! And I agree that the Super3 has a real "brittle" quality about it. So far all the pickups that I've tried, all that had ceramic magnets and higher outputs sounded this way.
            Have fun with it! These are great guitars!
            By the way, what happened to the one gold saddle?
            Last edited by SixstringKing; 01-30-2011, 11:44 AM.
            You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

According to the Jackson site you are the proud owner of a 2001 PC1!

Enjoy!

PM me if that Super 3 is being pulled and you want to sell it BTW.

Comment

Cool guitar, i like the black saddle on the D string, looks sweet with the gold floyd, if any other saddles wear out maybe swap them for black ones too
                Last edited by ralph; 01-31-2011, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                  HAH! I never notice stuff like that. Blame the previous owner

Comment

Now just throw a grand of titanium bits from www.floydroseupgrades.com into it and string it up with 13-56's in order to make Phil proud!
                    Last edited by vklobucar; 01-31-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Congrats on your PC1. Mocha is not my favorite color but I love the fretboard on this guitar! I swapped out pup on my Chlorine PC1 for a Motor City "Torque" pickup. To do the swap right you'll have to use a mini socket to plug it into the board of the sustainer. I don't know what the real name of the plug is but I think you get them at a computer store. Have fun playing your PC1. I love the sustainer.
                      Last edited by ML430; 02-15-2011, 08:53 PM. Reason: edited info

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                        Now just throw a grand of titanium bits from www.floydroseupgrades.com into it and string it up with 13-56's in order to make Phil proud!
                        Does he really use 13s??? Damn...

OP, nice score. It just oozes mojo with all the relicing and such. Wish I bonded with the necks on those things, but my hands are too small.

Comment

Those older ones have the best tops...nice guitar

Comment

The black saddle gives it Character... the nut locks out of order do not.

Sweet Axe!!!
                            sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

Yeah.. he sure does. And they tune to E standard. What's funny as well is that Vivian Campbell uses super heavy strings and thick picks. Sitting on my desk here is a pick I nabbed from a Whitesnake concert in 88 or 89 from Vivian that is super thin. His name is engraved on it. Funny how we all change our preferences again and again with the curse we all call "guitar". lol

Comment

Working...
                              X