Nut size on a USA KV2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut size on a USA KV2?

Anyone know the specifics for replacement nuts on a Jackson KV2? Im pretty sure its an R3, but on sites such as GPD, you can get narrow or regular string spacing on them. I'm confused as to what I should get. Anyone have any info? I need a replacement.

Thanks in advance!
    - Adam

I am not sure the GPD nuts are real Floyd nuts, since they put the FLoyd Rose Special under the "Original Floyd Rose" category they seem to think the MIG stuff is not a "separate class" and I'd order from Warmoth or Prorockgear.

That said, R3 is R3. It's narrow spacing for a 1 11/16" nut, and R4 is wide space for 1 11/16" nut. The GPD site shows that, look at the R3 and R4 nuts.

You can look at your old nut to see the size, it is stamped on the bottom.

Comment

I believe most bound necks come with R3's. I'd ditch that licensed bullshit. Pro Rock Gear has MIG Schaller R3's.

Comment

LOL never thought to look UNDER the nut! I will check it out. Thanks for clearing up the wide vs. narrow thing too. I had no idea that R3 was narrow and R4 was wide, but the same width nut size. Very good info to have! Thanks again
        - Adam

Comment

Working...
        X