Jackson USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA?

Hey guys, I need your expertise on this..Can you tell me anything about this Jackson?

My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

It's a late 80's Jackson Strat... I would guess an 88 but I'm no expert on that. Probably go for $700+ USD or so depending on how clean is.

Comment

Really that high?? I'd say 700 tops... if super clean... 600 most likely
      Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Nice looking strat. Looks like the original JT6 bridge, original J100 single coils, and a swapped Duncan bridge pup.

Comment

I really like that guitar! Very Charvelesque.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Mid-late 80's Strat.. It will have an oiled neck with Jumbo frets.. Probably a San Dimas neckplate (Although it is more than likely an Ontario built guitar (If the serial # is HIGHER than 1505 it is Ontario built regardless of the address on the neck plate) If you ever played a vintage 80's USA San Dimas Charvel with a pointy headstock then that's what you can expect from this neck..They are the same exact thing with a different logo on the headstock..
            John 3:16

Comment

I'd guess '87 - '88 with those 3 mini switches. Ontario probably, like jacksonluvr said.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Would that be a student? Has the look of one, and its possible it could be a mid 80s because the headstock dosent come to as much of a point as they do a few years later.
                Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
                  Would that be a student? Has the look of one, and its possible it could be a mid 80s because the headstock dosent come to as much of a point as they do a few years later.
                  Nah, strats are strats. There was no student model version.

Comment

Student models were neck thru versions of the Kelly,soloist and RR with no binding and dot inlays.
                    That guitar is a bolt on neck super strat. Very nice guitar IMO
                    When did the headstock get more/less pointier? WTF? You must believe all the HC reviews.
                    Last edited by straycat; 01-27-2011, 05:04 PM.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      When did the headstock get more/less pointier? WTF? You must believe all the HC reviews.
                      The headstock is partially hidden by the case lining. The only less pointy Jackson headstocks I have in my collection were because I wasn't careful enough.

Comment

http://www.wickedguitarsales.com/jac...-pink-wohsc-2/

To save me of looking like a retard... Look at how the headstock is more rounded into the point opposed to be being sharp like typical Jackson's. Thats all Im saying, it may not be "less pointy" but thats what I was trying to say.
                        Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

http://www.wickedguitarsales.com/jac...-pink-wohsc-2/

To save me of looking like a retard... Look at how the headstock is more rounded into the point opposed to be being sharp like typical Jackson's. Thats all Im saying, it may not be "less pointy" but thats what I was trying to say.
                          From what I can see, that one is chipped, which makes it look rounder....

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                            The only less pointy Jackson headstocks I have in my collection were because I wasn't careful enough.
                            Phil Collen's old models actually had a rounded off headstock edge.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X