Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: NOS Jackson USA neck future project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: NOS Jackson USA neck future project...

So I acquired Plon's NOS neck. Not sure what kind of project to do with it. As far as other body shapes. I've got plenty of soloist/strat shaped jacksons. Same for RRs and Vs.

Based on the available parts I have, I was considering an explorer project. What Hetfield should've been playing in '84. Then I thought about a firebird project. But then there's the Kelly. Or even better a Death Kelly. Hmmmm.

Let me know your thoughts by taking a poll.

thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Explorer hardtail
    17.95%
    Explorer string-thru
    7.69%
    Firebird flame burst
    23.08%
    Firebird alpine white
    15.38%
    Death Kelly flame burst
    12.82%
    Flat-top Kelly snow white
    23.08%

So...how many Jackson strats do you really have? Dinky's don't count! I'd go Jackson strat all the way. All those shapes are much better as neck-thrus imho. I almost hit the BIN on that damn neck, as a side note.

Comment

I like the explorers. Go TOM but without the string through. I don't like string through.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

That burst Firebird looks great to me!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I went with the flat top snow white Kelly.
          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            So...how many Jackson strats do you really have? Dinky's don't count!
            The point I was trying to make was that I already have a few guitars in the strat-shape. Soloists, dinkys, SLS are all in the same general shape. Want something 'radical' - not any kind of V though, but that would suite a bolt-on neck w/ ebony board and dots.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              I like the explorers. Go TOM but without the string through. I don't like string through.
              The explorer was my first idea. And the one I'm favoring most at the moment. I like the aesthetics of the string-thru. With the TOM, I find the stop-tailpiece to be visually obtrusive. It's good from a 'mass' point since it adds weight. I like the string-thru since the strings run through the middle of the body. Instead of string ferrules, I know I can get a large brass stop bar recessed into the back of the body which would give me added mass and help the strings resonate more through the body's wood.

Comment

I also like the hardtail on the explorer. It seems/looks like something that could've been done during the charvel days. Perhaps I can do a 'transitional-era' jackson. A time when some the early jackson were still using elements of the charvel production designs.

[Wow! My 1,000th post. Only took seven years!]

Comment

Because this neck has dot inlays, I'd say a strat too. Radical shapes look better with a radical inlay, like sharkies.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                    The point I was trying to make was that I already have a few guitars in the strat-shape. Soloists, dinkys, SLS are all in the same general shape. Want something 'radical' - not any kind of V though, but that would suite a bolt-on neck w/ ebony board and dots.
                    In that case I'd build a Jackson Star! Also not a choice in the poll...

Comment

I voted explorer hard tail but to me explorers need the stop bar to look right.

I also would have voted star if it was there. A black or white blood spatter star.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks Guys. I already have a star project in the works. Oil-finished Walnut hardtail with a musikraft Franky neck:

Comment

Dig that old brass fat bridge!
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            Dig that old brass fat bridge!
                            Thanks Grandturk. With the Walnut Star, I'm going for an old-skool vibe - which is why I committed to the strat neck w/ tele heel. If it wasn't going in that direction, I'd cut the nut on the NOS Jackson neck and bolt it onto the star. The NOS neck will find it's way onto something cool.

Comment

Bird.
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X