Re-introduction + ID of a guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-introduction + ID of a guitar

It's been ages since I've posted here and I just rediscovered the forum!

Short intro:
    Daniel, Sweden, playing guitar for 13 years, only Jackson I own is an old js20 (cool story below).

Cool story:
    Years ago when I was hanging around the forum alot, I was so pumped about getting a Jackson.
    But for some reason it never happened, I bought an Ibanez RG3120 Prestige thinking it would be
    the answer to all the GASing, it wasn't.. Although it's a great guitar I kept coming back to my trusty
    old js20. I eventually sold the Ibanez, but then I got myself a Dean V79 (wtf, no Jackson?!), same thing
    here.. Kept going back to the js20 and sold the Dean. Now all I have is the js20! That guitar just fits me
    like a glove, I just can't believe how much guitar it is for the price! I bought it used about 6-7 years ago.

So, to the main topic:
    I went to a local music store today, it's not a Jackson retailer but they had a used one hanging on the wall.
    I immediately picked it up and it felt 10 times better than my js20. It had no price-tag or info sheet on it.
    So I'm thinking you might be able to help me figure out what it is.

It's a USA Dinky with a reverse head and a floyd, flat black and you can feel the wood grain, EMG H-H setup with one volume pot and a les paul-style switch. No inlays on, I think, ebony fretboard. Stupid as I was I didn't take a picture of it.

I've browsed the forum for a guitar like it but came out empty handed.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Json; 01-22-2011, 07:59 PM.

Cool story, welcome back.

Sounds like a dr2, but also has a tone pot. Any good? A serial number might help.

I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

That might actually be the one! I may have been too exited to notice the tone pot
      I'll have to look up the serial number.

Thanks alot for the help!

Comment

No problem. Nice guit, post some pictures when you can!

Comment

Lev probably nailed it:
          http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1996Page05.jpg

Hmm... Sweden. Not far away. Local music store. What city do you live in? Just curious.... <muha<cough>hahahaha<cough>!>
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

No pics?? It's probably an Esteban with a painted-on soundhole rosette, non-existent lows, severe buzzing on the low E string, fret ends that feel like a serrated knife, and cracks in the finish.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
              Lev probably nailed it:

Hmm... Sweden. Not far away. Local music store. What city do you live in? Just curious.... <muha<cough>hahahaha<cough>!>
              Having that audiozone.dk site to refer to makes it too easy!

Comment

Henrik's site is great, but I only had to check my brain for a second to ID this as a DR2. Trem is a 580.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Lev, when I read your first post hours ago, there was no picture. That's why I posted a link to the catalogue. Checking this thread again now, suddenly there is a picture below your first post. Wth?

You can't have edited it just now, because there would be a "edited by..." but there isn't.
                  I think I have an intermittent problem here (ISP). Some pics just doesn't show up sometimes. I have had it before, but the ISP said they fixed it by fiddling with the DNS.
                  And thanks, guys
                  Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                    No problem. Nice guit, post some pictures when you can!
                    I haven't bought it yet, but I'll be sure to post some pics when I do!

Comment

Lev probably nailed it:

I live up north in a town called Luleå

Comment

Up north, dammit! That's a 20h drive or 8 days walk. The guitar is yours, haha
                        http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=skanderborg+dk+8660&daddr=sweden+lule%C 3%A5&ie=utf-8&v=2.2&cv=6.0.1.2032&hl=da
                        Last edited by jackson1; 01-23-2011, 04:58 AM.
                        Henrik

Comment

Lev, when I read your first post hours ago, there was no picture. That's why I posted a link to the catalogue. Checking this thread again now, suddenly there is a picture below your first post. Wth?

You can't have edited it just now, because there would be a "edited by..." but there isn't.
                          I think I have an intermittent problem here (ISP). Some pics just doesn't show up sometimes. I have had it before, but the ISP said they fixed it by fiddling with the DNS.
                          And thanks, guys
                          I downloaded it directly from Ron's brain.

Comment

Up north, dammit! That's a 20h drive or 8 days walk. The guitar is yours, haha
                            http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=skanderborg+dk+8660&daddr=sweden+lule%C 3%A5&ie=utf-8&v=2.2&cv=6.0.1.2032&hl=da

haha thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Json View Post
                              I live up north in a town called Luleå
                              Matthias Ohlund played hockey there!
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X