Y2kv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2kv

What would you pay for a never-played Y2KV with a hardtail. The guitar itself is still in the box. I've seen one on eBay that was pretty beat up go for 1600, I've seen that someone here bought one from Dave for 2000.

So what would this one go for?
    Occupy JCF

black pearl is most common ive seen. but being a case queen and if you can snag it for 2k or under. get it.. I have 3 myself and i want more more more!!
    Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 01-21-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Id say around $2000-2200 depending on the color, maybe even a bit more. Considering its probably the only truly new one left in the world, if Dave never goes back to Jackson or FMIC doesent change their policy, its probably the only chance youll ever have to own a new one. Itd be worth it for sure.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Hardtail!? All the ones I've seen had stringthrough/TOM. Hardtail would have to be CS, and you already know the two main problems there - 1, it's specific to a particular interest, and 2, "it's not what Dave wanted" syndrome.

I'll go out on a limb and say around $2500, maybe more, if you find the right buyer.

Is this one you've found to buy or one you're looking to sell?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It's technically not a case-queen. (owner doesn't have a case for it at the moment) Though it would be like buying it brand new.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Sorry.. Stringthrough... I know I should have known better. I always get my nose out of joint when folks use the terms interchangably and I know that they're not the same thing. Maybe it's my brain finally catching up to NAMM. In some conversations I was looking to use the word "hardtail" (in terms of the bridge you pervs!) and couldn't think of it to save my life!

The color is Metallic Black.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Remember that guy on ebay trying to sell a natural for 3500.00. Quite bit to much for that. but i dont see why it wouldnt be 2k easy if anything other than black pearl. last black pearl on ebay sold at the last minute for 1600. and there was a hot rod flames very shortly before that one for 2k sold.

Ive been following em pretty close..

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Is this one you've found to buy or one you're looking to sell?
                It's one I've found. I'm not sure I can buy it though.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                  It's one I've found. I'm not sure I can buy it though.
                  Do whatever you can to get it.. Layaway, whoring LOL , whatever.. less than 300 made. im sure quite a few have been broken or lost. so damn hard to find..

Comment

Ah, ok, brainfart. I thought for a second you meant stringthrough, but then thought "Nah, surely Tekky knows the difference"

Anyway, you guys know me and my twisted thinking about value - can't get them anymore, price depends on how many are currently selling, etc etc - but I see no reason why it should go for more than $2200 with case if it's in near mint condition. And being a USA Jackson, I see no reason why it shouldn't come with the original case.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Well, I've got a custom shop that finally got green-lighted. So that is my dilemma.

But this guitar does NOT have a case. Though the owner says he can get one.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

I'll front ya some dough, Todd...
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I can't imagine buying a USA Jackson - particularly that specific model - and not getting the case that Jackson clearly states it comes with (though I have often heard of GC cheating people out of them).

Then again, I did see a Y2KV case on Ebay a couple of years ago.

And 'grats on the Custom.

Comment

I should never have sold mine, so from this perspective, I'd tell u to grab it....but as far as future value, it having a hardtail might not grab you anything later....

Comment

Working...
                            X