Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90's DK1 Quilt top with binding..1 color only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's DK1 Quilt top with binding..1 color only?

Great place you all have here! A newby/OLD guy with a question.. Just bought a 1996 DK-1 in a burgandy burst quilt top with a natural binding. I absolutely LOVE this guitar btw. Anyway, I was looking through the old catalogs and noticed that only this burgandy color seems to have body binding.. Does anyone else own a different color trans finish from the same era that sports binding?

John 3:16

Welcome and nice guitar!

In the the catalogue it looks like the trans purple also has natural binding, but not the trans black.

I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Hi, Chuck. Welcome back. What a Kickaxeguitar you have!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Hi, Chuck. Welcome back. What a Kickaxeguitar you have!
        Thanks bro! Long time no see!

Comment

I believe they came in trans black, and a trans blue as well. the trans blue wasnt nearly as brilliant as the raspberry is. at least the blue ones I have seen have been less than impressive finishes.

Thats a damn nice guitar man, I have the twin to it sitting right next to me. only difference is I put a lil 59 in the neck of mine. same color, raspberry quilt.

NICE!!!!!!!!
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

There were Burnt Cherry Sunburst and Tobacco Sunburst 90's DK1's. I don't think those came with body binding, but they still look tasty.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              There were Burnt Cherry Sunburst and Tobacco Sunburst 90's DK1's. I don't think those came with body binding, but they still look tasty.
              oh yea, I forgot about the tobacco sunburst. and I wasnt aware of the burnt cherry sunburst on them.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                I believe they came in trans black, and a trans blue as well. the trans blue wasnt nearly as brilliant as the raspberry is. at least the blue ones I have seen have been less than impressive finishes.

Thats a damn nice guitar man, I have the twin to it sitting right next to me. only difference is I put a lil 59 in the neck of mine. same color, raspberry quilt.

NICE!!!!!!!!
                You know I need to see a pic bro! Don't do me like that!

I just picked this one up in my buddies shop. Has the warranty card, ORIGINAL RECEIPT, and the inspection tag.

Comment

Working...
                X