Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Ooh, a delrin snob, eh?
    I wouldn't say snob, but I just can't get over it for some reason. It's like a nagging thing in the back of my mind ; ("plastic...inlays...plastic...inlays")

Was that "eh?" an underhand Canada reference?
    I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
      I wouldn't say snob, but I just can't get over it for some reason. It's like a nagging thing in the back of my mind ; ("plastic...inlays...plastic...inlays")

Why would anyone make an "underhand" Canada reference?

You guys are America's hat. Imagine how cold our heads would be without you.

Comment

I'm sure he has no idea what you are talking aboot.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

So how bout a limited run?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post

Considering your Avatar's bald patch, VERY cold
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
              So how bout a limited run?
              I asked that same question about a year ago. A maple board constitutes a "woodworking change" for some crazy reason known only to Jackson.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Maple-board, reverse-headstock, speed neck, Ebony inlays... Some color besides Black, Metallic Black, Satin Black, Extra Black, etc.

Oh, how about stainless steel frets? The never wear out. You can shred 'til your dead.

Comment

I didn't mean underhand as in a specifically negative reference, but just a little "slipped in" reference.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                    I asked that same question about a year ago. A maple board constitutes a "woodworking change" for some crazy reason known only to Jackson.
                    You require A) a rear-inserted truss and B) more maple.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

I'm no luthier... but wouldn't wood inlays (ebony) into a fret board be a bad idea given varied climates and expanding/shrinking wood? I guess if it's finished over it wouldn't be.

This thread may be an example why the USA series hasn't seen many changes. What people would like to see as "production models" varies quite greatly.

Stainless Steel frets sound like a great idea. And from what I have heard from players and techs alike is that it should be standard on all high-end guitars these days. Personally, I have never played a guitar with 'em. Is there a particular reason most companies haven't made the apparent "upgrade" on their high-end models?

Comment

I LOVE stainless frets, but they can be tough to work with. You would definitely have to charge more for the labor. The tools are more expensive, too (or they wear your "normal" tools out a lot faster.)

The great thing is, you only have to do it once. I'm willing to pay extra for less maintenance.

Comment

Makes sense. I need to get my hands on a guitar with 'em and see what all the fuss is about.

Comment

They're a lot more slippery, take a bit of getting used to. The durability rules for most people, though.

Comment

I LOVE stainless frets, but they can be tough to work with. You would definitely have to charge more for the labor. The tools are more expensive, too (or they wear your "normal" tools out a lot faster.)

The great thing is, you only have to do it once. I'm willing to pay extra for less maintenance.
                              It's all in the fretboard prep work before the frets are installed. Tom Anderson has stated that he's done over 7,000 stainless fret installs and has only gone through ten fret files:

http://andersonforum.com/board/showt...ht=rise+medium

Comment

You require A) a rear-inserted truss and B) more maple.
                                You don't necessarily have to make the whole neck and fretboard from one piece of maple though. They could do it in exactly the same way they do ebony boards.
                                I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X