I couldnt sell my KV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldnt sell my KV2

Man I dont know what it is. Let me start this thread off by saying I mostly play carvin guitars. We dont need to get into a debate on if they are good, bad or anything like that they are just what I really like and mostly play. So I was sitting there the other day wanting to get another built but being broke as usual I thought WTF? why not just get rid of the Jackson I have so it will fund a good portion of the build. Well after having it up for a little bit ill admit no one was even interested. I set the price high at first hoping to get lower offers but I didnt want to give it away as its only a couple months old and doesnt have a scratch on it. I was going to lower the price again today and I just though why not ill go play it just to make sure im gonna part with it. After 20 minutes I came up here and deleted my for sale ad. While Im usually pretty brand loyal and find myself playing only one brand of guitar for some reason. I just go through phases. I went through a USA hamer, CS B.C. Rich phase and now im full on in my carvin addction. But For some reason this KV2 just has something that all the other guitars ive ever owned just dont have.

I usually go for exotic woods and highly figured tops with trans finishes and lot of abalone. I usually hate solid finishes with a passion. But this thing just has that "IT" factor. It inspires me to play. Now could I get that with another guitar? maybe. But is it worth the risk of losing this guitar and having the next not be what I want? Hell no. I must say if this guitar had a volute I wouldnt even question keeping it. I just need to convince myself that thats not a big deal. I dont know why im so hung up on it either. I know jackson necks are strong. Hell on those usa washburn Dimebag guitars the headstock would flex everytime you moved the trem bar. This KV2 is solid. I dont know. Sorry for the rambling. I guess there are things about this guitar that I wish had been different but I love it for so many other reasons I just cant bring myself to part with it.

So I invite everyone to share their stories about the guitars that they just cant let leave the stable and why.

In general, I hate part-ex'ing or selling to buy other stuff, because I always make a loss. At one stage, I was gonna sell my TBK WR1, as I decided at the time, it was the least favourite in appearance. I pulled the classifieds ads from all sites concerned as I realised how much I'd spent on it - repainted, restored, black hardware and 4 different pairs of pickups. In fact, it's also the loudest and brightest sounding of all 4 I own.
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-15-2011, 09:23 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm kinda new to this USA Jackson's game, and I've played many guitars over the years and always preferred my MIJ Jacksons and their necks in the end for some reason (although the YJM's signature guitar that I almost kept is an exception), not until I bought my first WR1 few months ago, and man let me tell you, I didn't know what I was really missing all these years! This guitar just sings like no other, and acoustically it's the loudest of all considering it has a better wood and it's a neck-thru, I simply feel the string vibrations through out the neck with ease. I'm sticking with USA's from now on (although I wish they have more options to choose from and are easier to find)... I may still buy MIJ's every now and then, but I'll do my best to stick with the USA's knowing they are two grands plus ...
      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

ill tell you though the older MIJ stuff was awesome. I had a neckthrough rhoads standard that really could have been a USA piece. They were so well made. I miss that rhoads. It was metallic burgandy. I really want one of the MIJ rhoads pros. The ones that really look like the USA guitars. Awesome stuff. I just wont buy korean or Chinese. I almost crapped my F'n pants when I saw that the new Prestige Koa/Koa korean acoustic is $2900 bucks. Thats reaching IMHO

Comment

I actually think that if you set the price too high, then no body is willing to throw out any offers. I did the same with my KV2 and I didn't get a single offer until the price was more reasonable. Unfortunately, the guitar is only worth what someone is willing to pay. In this economy, typically it is worth less than it would have been 3 years ago.

That said, if you really want to sell it, post it everywhere; craigslist, Ebay, different guitar forums.... if you are set on your price, you might have to be patient. I started mine at 1600 and finally settled on 1200 shipped. I am happy with the deal, because I know it went to a good home, which, as much of a cliche as that is, really means a lot to me, as I had it for so long.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Yeah, USA Jacksons, used anyway, aren't worth more than 1200-1300 unless its something truly unique... I laugh at the guy that has had his natural DK1 on ebay for 2+ years at $1850 LMFAO!!! which is more than you'd pay for a new one! I bought a brand new rr1 last winter for 1500 from a dealer! granted he was running a sale (which has lasted for a year now) but still.
            Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

I agree with Musician78. Although you can always come down on the price but never go up when you sell something.

if you start something at 1600.00 and i know most people including myself think. Well thats to much. i doubt he would take 1100. (which is about market for USA jacksons Unless unique like stated as well)

So in these cases people usually just click the back button thinkin that you wont drop the price that much.. But good that you are keeping it. Im up to 14 USA's now and its hard to even think about selling one.. They all play amazing..

Comment

14? Group shot or they're Epiphones.
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                  14? Group shot or they're Epiphones.
                  LOL. Aint no Epi's here brother!. LOL Trying not to derail the thread here but....

Heres a peak at them.. I just finished moving into this room. So my Soloist are not pictured. as well as my kelly's and 25th King V. It was Damaged by UPS. so its getting a facelift.. But im about to do a whole spread shortly. Just wait....

Thanks a Ton Rob for this one too.
                  Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 01-18-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

So you like v's I gather?
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                      LOL. Aint no Epi's here brother!. LOL Trying not to derail the thread here but....

Heres a peak at them.. I just finished moving into this room. So my Soloist are not pictured. as well as my kelly's and 25th King V. It was Damaged by UPS. so its getting a facelift.. But im about to do a whole spread shortly. Just wait...
                      Uh-oh, I count 3 Japs! lol

Comment

Yeah buddy. I don't drscriminate.. Love me some japs. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                          Yeah buddy. I don't drscriminate.. Love me some japs. Lol
                          hahaha, oh fetishes hahaha.

Comment

Yeah, its just weird though. I would have taken $1200 on the first couple days. That would have been fine. I even stated best offer and make an offer. No matter now. I really just dont think I could sell it. That may change down the road but for now I have enough carvins and the jackson is special to me. The one thing that got me is some people were saying you can buy new jackson KV2's for under $1800. All the stores I check say $2000-$2400. Where are these stores that sell NIB jacksons for so little.
                            Last edited by Tmoran; 01-19-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Actually that is true. See online they have MAP pricing. Minimum advertised price. but if you walk into a store. they can sell it for whatever they want. even at cost if they prefer. just to move inventory. i almost bought a brand new SL2HT for 1500 out the door from a dealer here. i just hate buying new guitars though. ..

Comment

Working...
                              X