No announcement yet.

Can you still get a strat from the CS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you still get a strat from the CS?

I've recently developed a lust for the classic Jackson strats of yore, and naturally my first instinct was to go play around with ideas for one on the Custom Shop quote form on the Jackson site (I had no intentions of getting a quote, just wanted to mess with options).

However, much to my dismay, in the "body description" menu, there was no strat or san dimas option. So, my question is, will the CS still make strats without them falling into the "any custom shape" category?

I'm pretty sure they'll still make one for a minimal upcharge...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I know the Music Zoo has done a few small runs of them lately, but I'm curious about doing a one-off. This link sort of implies that they don't have a Ruby Slippers in stock, but can get one made. I could be wrong.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/1...y-Red-Sparkle/

Good luck on this glorious endeavor!

Comment

Well I'd actually have to go through the full blown custom process regardless because I need a left handed one. Something tells me this could be a $3000+ endeavor.

Just because this is 2011 doesn't mean discrimination doesn't exist. Left handed guitarists are still the subject of great injustice. Just imagine walking into GC and seeing the wall of guitars, only to realize you can't play any of them. You've been relegated to the "lefty corner" which maybe has a few Mexican Fenders and a Chinese special Les Paul. Thankfully, I live in Colorado, and wonderful place called Drum City Guitar Land has every left handed guitar under the sun. DCGL=MLK of guitars.
        Last edited by Deathrider29; 01-13-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

You can get a Strat body on a Custom Shop Jackson, just not a Strat headstock.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I want to order a San dimas style red flake like the one music zoo did. I'll do it maybe with my tax return
            This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I thought the Strat headstock was an option? Like on the PC1.

If you're going for a strat with strat headstock though, why not just go Charvel?
              I like EL34s.

Comment

I live in Denver too and Drum City is very cool place. I am overwhelmed when I go in that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  I thought the Strat headstock was an option? Like on the PC1.

If you're going for a strat with strat headstock though, why not just go Charvel?
                  Only the PC1 and Adrian Smith models have Strat headstocks. It's not an option on any other Jackson... unless they're now going to change that rule.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Only the PC1 and Adrian Smith models have Strat headstocks. It's not an option on any other Jackson... unless they're now going to change that rule.
                    I've seen at least one clearly custom shop PC1 on here with the strat headstock though.

But still, Why not just go Charvel if you want a Strat with strat headstock? Or if you want a pointy, get the Charvel pointy head (and save yourself the Jackson upcharge). Strats are bolt-on anyways. If you're getting a neck-through it's technically not a "Jackson Strat".
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                      I want to order a San dimas style red flake like the one music zoo did. I'll do it maybe with my tax return
                      Hell yeah. I'd bet we could pull off a run of 10 or so of that damn guitar. My GAS is flaring up again (and today was a NGD day ).

Comment

GOOD! I absolutely loathe strat headstocks. I'd be after a left handed strat body shape with a Jackson pointy headstock, a bolt on maple neck with an unbound rosewood board with dot inlays. As far as neck profile, I'd want to emulate the DK1/DK2 neck as much as possible. H-S layout with an emg 81 bridge and emg S or SA at the neck. Black Floyd Rose Original of course. Hopefully this wouldn't cost $5,000.

Comment

I've seen strat HS on jacksons... "san dimas style" is the option I believe, but yeah I've seen a soloist with said hs must have been an 05-06, it was tobacco burst and mahogany I believe.
                          Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrider29 View Post
                            Well I'd actually have to go through the full blown custom process regardless because I need a left handed one. Something tells me this could be a $3000+ endeavor.

Just because this is 2011 doesn't mean discrimination doesn't exist. Left handed guitarists are still the subject of great injustice. Just imagine walking into GC and seeing the wall of guitars, only to realize you can't play any of them. You've been relegated to the "lefty corner" which maybe has a few Mexican Fenders and a Chinese special Les Paul. Thankfully, I live in Colorado, and wonderful place called Drum City Guitar Land has every left handed guitar under the sun. DCGL=MLK of guitars.
                            Haha no need to get on your high horse sir. We only represent 10% of the population worldwide, and maybe a tad higher percentage of the musically talented public. If you know where to look, and are a little lucky, you'll have no problem amassing a collection that'll put most righties to shame. My top 7 are: fender strat, modded esp (not ltd goddammit) eclipse, sl1, PRS mccarty, rr1, kv2 and sl2h. The lefties are out there for those who need them.

Edit: Just to clarify, all of those were bought new.
                            Last edited by vanhendrix; 01-14-2011, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                              I've seen at least one clearly custom shop PC1 on here with the strat headstock though.

But still, Why not just go Charvel if you want a Strat with strat headstock? Or if you want a pointy, get the Charvel pointy head (and save yourself the Jackson upcharge). Strats are bolt-on anyways. If you're getting a neck-through it's technically not a "Jackson Strat".
                              Is it cheaper to get a Charvel CS than Jackson??? I just always assumed it was the same price. And I wanted a Strathead Jackson just because of the rarity in the CS, it really doesn't happen often.
                              Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Working...
                              X