New Custom Shop KV!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Custom Shop KV!

Well, technically it's not new, only new to me... it is a 2008 CS KV which I bought from themisfit138, but as the condition is a straight 10/10 without any sign of wear or even dust, I don't see why I shouldn't call it "new".

Now I finally owned the right to post in the USA section, so... straight on to the photo love story!

Biggest box I've ever received:

Thick and tight bubblewrap layers around the case:

So, not even a UPS shipment half around the world could harm the case...

... or its content, for that matter!

So, after about 8 years of searching for a guitar to satisfy my GAS for a neckthru, stringthru King V, I finally found the one!

It has poplar wings and a 25.5" maple neck with the KV2 speed neck profile, but regular jumbo frets. Pickups are a Duncan Custom Custom bridge / Jazz neck, with an EMG SPC Midboost installed; tuners are Sperzel locking tuners.
    IMHO this is what the KV2T should have been. Even though the current KV2T has some interesting features, I always preferred the standard headstock and sharkfins, as well as the long scale and beveled body.

Here is the old thread from 2008... even back then I knew it was my dream guitar.
    http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/864...Custom-Shop-KV

I put on a set of D'Addario EXP 10s and with a 5 minute setup job to adjust it for my liking it already plays like a dream. Sounds exceptionally nice too; especially clean sounds are brilliant and sparkly, more so than on all my other axes.

And here are more pictures I took today:

Together with its sibling, my 2003 KVX10, the one that ignited my love for KVs:

And the happy owner!
    Last edited by shadowcat; 01-09-2011, 08:50 AM.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Congrats!! That thing is beautiful!
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

That looks really good. I like the way the wood grain goes out the same direction as the wing shape.

Comment

That is a killer axe. The KVX10 may be destined for the closet.

Comment

That is also the coolest KVX10 in terms of color. But yeah, you won't really want to play it anymore.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Badass guitar! Something about V's with a burst finish....

Comment

Coolness.
              DiMarzio Endorsee
              www.dimarzio.com
              Morley Endorsee
              www.morley.com
              "Intelli-Shred" author
              www.myspace.com/intellishred
              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Wow its so weird to see a Custom Shop Kv next to a cheaper import. I see what turned you on to it. I'm not insulting your import, i hae love for japanese jacksons as well. Nice guitar man. You didn't hold back eh? His first US is a damn CS model hehe take good care of her

Comment

Damn, you took some good pictures of it. Enjoy the new toy.

Comment

Very cool...
                    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

It would look cooler if you could get a shot with about 6 more engl heads in the pic.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I see a Warrior in the background . Seriously tho, nice KV.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Very cool. Congrats!

Comment

Cool, congrats! Opening a shipping box full of Jackson never gets old, I just hate those damn packing peanuts!
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              I see a Warrior in the background . Seriously tho, nice KV.
                              That what I've also noticed at first, mmm Warrior. ;-b...
                              BTW Shadowcat, that KV kicks ass indeed, congrats. I always wanted to play and purchase one. But I have to wait a little until I get my second WR1
                              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Working...
                              X