Transparent Finish Hardware Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent Finish Hardware Colors

Does it bother anyone else that the hardware color on USA Select transparent finishes is chrome? Maybe it's just me, but I'd MUCH prefer black (I just think it looks sleeker). Anyways, does anybody know if I could order for example, an SL2HT in trans blue, but with black hardware? And more specifically, could I order the aforementioned guitar without it costing about as much as a CS? Jackson uses black hardware on pretty much all the other USA finishes, so I figure it wouldn't be much of a problem to swap out the chrome for black.

Or you can just order the guitar, and if it comes with chrome, just go to a shop to swap the hardware for black and sell the chrome stuff. You can try to sell it at the shop, maybe on ebay, or even here to one of the many people who customize their guitars themselves.

Comment

Custom shop. Buy it with black and swap it yourself.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

For what it's worth, I completely agree that black hardware would look much better on the trans finishes. (God bless my DK2L, black hardware w/ trans red flame maple top, all for a third of the price of a USA Soloist)

Comment

Actually the correct answer is MORE CHROME!!!!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I did think of that Nagash02, but while most of the hardware could be swapped out, I don't think that the parts where the strings go through the body (whatever they're called) could be easily replaced.

Uh, Grandturk, I don't think I understand what you mean... Could you clarify?

That sounds pretty sweet Deathrider29! Although I probably wouldn't buy a red guitar, I have to admit that color combination works well.

Nice RR Hellbat! Chrome does look nice on certain finishes, but again, I prefer black.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

You are not correct. All hardware should be black, always, no exceptions.
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

CHROME BABY!!!!! CHROME!!!!!!!!!!! MORE FUCKIN CHROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best advice is, order it standard with chrome, and find someone to swap out their black for your chrome.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I think the only trans finish that looks horrible with chrome is trans black. It just looks cheap.

However, the chrome hardware really looks great on natural, trans red, trans blue, and trans green. Of course, to each his own

Comment

Guys, I understand that swapping out a lot of the hardware is easily done, but what about the parts where the strings go through the body?! Those seem like they'd be a little harder to replace. And again I ask my question: Could someone order for example, a trans blue SL2HT with all black hardware, and not have it cost them as much as a custom shop order?

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't want to do that (pull the ferrules) as you could bring a chunk of finish out of the front of the guitar.

You can possibly order that as a "custom shop" with that being the only change for just a couple hundred bucks. They used to do that, anyway. Otherwise you'd have to get 10 takers on the same guitar and do a Limited Run or something.

With a Floyd it's cake. I put black HW on my Trans Black and it looked WAY better. Blue or red I'd probably do gold HW but that's just me.

Comment

I hate the chrome on trans finishes. But then again ill never order a flame top jackson again. It still really bothers me that they only use a Veneer on the majority of the USA select series. That to me is korean and chinese type crap. Now the hog soloists have a what would be the minimum for me to call it an actual top. And that is still only 1/8" thick. heck even a soloist with a veneer looks better than any of the pointy jacksons. Nothing looks cheesier than a flame top with plain bevels. But even with a veneer I agree chrome is just cheap looking. Especially if its a floyd equipped guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

verrrry noice
                          Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

group buy a limited run... just gotta convince 9 other dudes on the same options
                            Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
                              group buy a limited run... just gotta convince 9 other dudes on the same options
                              Herding cats, my friend. Herding cats.

Comment

Working...
                              X