The Aldrich Custom has arrived....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing score, I must say. Congrats.

I've only seen Japanese Aldrich models. Never a USA. Keep us all posted on it's progress.

Comment

That's beyond awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
        customs have J's
        No, neck thru Customs have J or RR prefixes. Bolt-on customs are 4 numerics with no prefix.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

If J's are for neck-thru CSs then can someone explain how this 'custom shop' guitar w/o a neck plate got the serial# in question?

Comment

These things happen - I've seen Rhoads with J serials, there's a star with an RR etc etc Jackson seems to be a prime example of 'the exception proves the rule'
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
              If J's are for neck-thru CSs then can someone explain how this 'custom shop' guitar w/o a neck plate got the serial# in question?
              Well, now we know J's are for custom neck-thru AND custom bolt-ons w/o neck plates! My speculation...Obviously this is a custom piece and Jackson wanted to put in in their books as such. Since this didn't have a neck plate, and they didn't want this guitar confused with a neck plate one of the same number, they gave it a Jxxxx designation so they could log it somewhere.

It was this or they could make a whole new custom numbering scheme for bolt-ons w/o plates, ...making this 0001, but that's be more confusing. I guess they do have that separate numbering system for archtops too, JAxxx, but now I am getting dizzy!

Regardless, it's a damn fine guitar! Does anyone know if this guitar was made specifically for Aldrich or ordered by a fan?
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I have never seen pics with Aldrich playing or showcasing this guitar. And I've seen a lot. And I've never read any comments or stories indicating that he owned it. Aldrich stopped endorsing Jackson in late 1994. This guitar is a 95 Ontario, I suppose.

Maybe Jackson made this guitar and sent it to Doug in a last desperate attempt to get him back in the fold
                .... nah.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I think it was ordered by Vivian Campbell and traded to Zaak Wylde for packs of half smoked marb lights.

Just my thoughts....
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

May I ask how the JT-590 project goes?
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I am trying to get that done tomorrow have been runnin around like a chicken with my head cut off.
                      Haters gonna hate
                      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!! very nice guitar!! love the headstock..

Comment

Working...
                        X