Why is it hard to find used PC1 s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it hard to find used PC1 s?

I have been checking out ebay for a used PC1. I couldn't find any? Any reasons for that? Is it sooo good that nobody wants to sell it?

Supposedly it's one of the more popular models sales-wise, but you're right, it's not a guitar you see for sale used much. And when they are for sale, they want an arm and a leg (compared to say, a graphic Soloist which retails for about the same new) and they usually seem to get it.

I had one and it really wasn't for me, but it's a great guitar.

Comment

The "fat neck" scares me off, even thought I have an R8 (that I have thoughts of shaving down)

Comment

Yeah, Don, that was one of the things I didn't like about mine. That neck is pretty big, and even given my old Gibson which had the typical fat Gibson neck, it just seemed very large. Also the lack of inlays bugs me, and the position of the middle pickup, which is right where I pick.

Really not a good guitar for me, purely due to the ergonomics of it I guess, but for other people all of that could be a non-issue (or highly desirable.)

Comment

The fat neck is fine for me. Actually I have quite big hands and I love fat necks. For me it's better for bends and it's not a problem for shreddin. (well trying to shred I should say for my case )

Comment

I for one would love to get my hands on an old Sears headstock PC1 that actually belonged to Phil. Not so much to say that it was has but more for that insane fat neck that he likes. Doubt that the Custom Shop would make me a PC1 to his exact specs though.....

Comment

Two early era (1998-1999) models are now listed on ebay as we speak.....

What they will actually sell for in this economy is anyones guess.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1998-Jackson-USA...ht_1330wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-PC1-guit...#ht_500wt_1156

Comment

Sure they will, His neck it huge though so you would want to be positive before you did it. I would be glad to get you a quote!

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                I for one would love to get my hands on an old Sears headstock PC1 that actually belonged to Phil. Not so much to say that it was has but more for that insane fat neck that he likes. Doubt that the Custom Shop would make me a PC1 to his exact specs though.....

Comment

Because I have all of them

Comment

because they blow, therefore no one buys them, thus few on the secondary market
                    Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

"because they blow, therefore no one buys them, thus few on the secondary market"

If that were really the case then the 2nd hand market would be flooded with players wanting to "dump" their PC1 no?

Perhaps it's because its one of Jackson's BEST selling signature model series no? Or perhaps because its one of the finest "Super Strat's" ever made?

BTW nice username for Jackson Charvel forum!

Comment

I noticed they dont seem to surface on the used market too often either.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

They are overpriced, the early ones were great (if you could get used to the neck lol) they had great tops, and the boards were nice and figured... and at the time I really didn't mind the sears HS... I had the pink one (Love drunk? fuchsia?? idk) and it was great... Today on the other hand, the tops are hit or miss, they are overpriced, and the boards are almost never figured anymore. Frankly I see most jackson's as a good bargain, you get a top quality instrument for the money with the best possible components, you are not paying for the name on the HS, like with today's Gibsons (by the way my name comes from my number one guitar, '81 LP standard that was a gift from my parents when I was a kid, and I have yet to find something that plays better or sounds better than that instrument) and a handful of other companies. The PC1 I feel is not a bargain, and they are the best selling artist model because they have been around since the 90's!!! and no other artist model has been around anywhere near as long... they are far from the best selling Jackson, that would be (I'm purely speculating here) the SL1, SL2H, or RR1...

Overall the sales of the PC1 are nowhere near that of USA Select models, which is why you do not see as many on the bay as other Jackson's...

This is not to say that you cannot Find Badass PC1's today, just saying its more like finding a solid gibson these days, some aren't as special as others.

Comment

Also the finest Super Strat would have to be the Charvel San Dimas... duh... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
                              Also the finest Super Strat would have to be the Charvel San Dimas... duh... lol

I know this is a Jackson forum, but that would have to be an Ibanez Jem.......................
                              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                              X