No announcement yet.

N(used)GD, and why my wife is a keeper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N(used)GD, and why my wife is a keeper.

Back in `99, when my wife and I had only been dating for a few months, she came with me on a visit to Guitar Center. They had a couple of USA DR2s in stock, one in Cobalt Blue Satin and the other in Graphite (charcoal gray/black) with ash bodies. I wanted one but didn't have the funds, so I decided to wait. I kept mentioning it, and she said that I should buy it if I really wanted it. Well, the Graphite finish was my first choice, but it was gone. I took a few more days to think about it, called back about the blue one, and it was sold too. Or so I thought. With my birthday around the corner, the wife-to-be called up to GC, paid 50% down and had them put the guitar on hold for me. To say I was surprised would be a huge understatement.

Well, the elusive Graphite finish has always been in the back of my mind, and one I found one online this year, my wife told me to go ahead and get it. But after playing a lot of phone tag, the shop selling it told me that it had been damaged beyond repair. Strange, but I accepted it and moved on.

Yeah, well, she pulled a fast one on me again, because the "damage" was all part of an elaborate Christmas scheme, and she presented me with the Graphite DR2 last night after dinner. It has a couple of scuffs on the back/bottom edge, but was in the OHSC and still had the original hangtags from 1/4/96.

sigpic

Very nice! She's a keeper both the wife & the guitar!

Comment

I think my wife got me a holiday sweater containing a stunning collage of santa's reindeer, snow, Christmas lights, and mistletoe.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Your wife is a crafty one. But she uses her powers for good, not evil!

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
          I think my wife got me a holiday sweater containing a stunning collage of santa's reindeer, snow, Christmas lights, and mistletoe.
          That's one holiday sweater more than my wife got me....
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

That is great! Congrats on a great gift and wife.

Comment

I am in love with your wife. Sorry to have to tell you, but you're gonna have to go.
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Great story and you are a lucky guy to have a wife like that.
                A friend of mine had been lusting over an 86 model 2 I restored. His wife called me a few weeks ago so we did the deal and he was blown away when she gave it to him for Christmas.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome!! She rocks, and now so do you

Comment

I need a wife of the same kind ^^. Lucky dude !

Comment

I wish I could have a Christmas gift like that! Definitely a keeper, congrats.
                        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Very cool dude.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats.

Comment

That's a killer guitar! My wife did something similar to me last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X