need help jackson ke1 dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help jackson ke1 dilemma

hey i have a chance to get a jackson kelly ke1f for $900. i could either get the guitar or buy a new amp(which i need desperately) would that be a good deal? looks in good shape has only one little paint chip basically and that is located on the top fin.some question i had about it though was how is the balance of this thing? i have a jackson rr24m and i love the balance for me its near perfect so i was wondering about that. also i have a long upper torso and v kinda look retarded when i stand with them low and my arms aren't really that long so how low does the kelly really have to be to comfortable? well anyways yeah hopefully someone could help out id appreciate it very much
    thanks

I love Kelly's but if you need an amp I guess you should get what you need, not what you want.

Comment

I would get the guitar. Those don't show up that often at that price. You can always get another amp.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

This is a hard one. I agree with both responses, so in my opinion either decision would be the right one. Although unless you are in love with the Kelley, I think I would go for the amp. Because I hate being without an amp (at least I think I would hate it).
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
          I would get the guitar. Those don't show up that often at that price. You can always get another amp.
          I agree with Jack. KE1s are great guitars and don't come around that often, especially at that price. If it's in good condition, I'd grab the guitar first and get an amp later.

Comment

The neck dive on the Kelly is legendary!

Comment

I'm with Jack as well. The price is good and the guitar should be awesome.
              I doubt a KE1 for 900$ will lose much in value if you don't ding and dong it around all day...
              If you don't like it you could still get an amp for it easily anytime.
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                The neck dive on the Kelly is legendary!
                I object to that good sir!

While the kelly does have the tendency to be neck heavy, a good coarse strap will keep it from diving. I've never had any issues.

I'd say go for it and if you don't like it, you could probably resell for more cash.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                  I'd say go for it and if you don't like it, you could probably resell for more cash.
                  +1. $900 is a great deal for that guitar.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

While the kelly does have the tendency to be neck heavy, a good coarse strap will keep it from diving. I've never had any issues.
                    I guess that would work...assuming you play shirtless, have back hair like Ron Jeremy, and put velcro on the inside of the strap!

Comment

Get the axe!!! That's cheap.

Comment

I felt like the Kelly was neck heavy as well until I started using a good leather strap. Once I switched straps I have never had a problem.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I think it depends on how quickly you could sell the KE1 at a profit, or how quickly you can afford the amp you need if you keep the guitar.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My Kelly is a little neck heavy but, I use a wide strap so it doesn't bother me at all

Comment

I had a Kelly and used a good quality strap, and it grabs better then those cheap, slippery plastic ones. Nose diving was a non-issue, but a good leather or cotton one will cost a few bucks.

If you really like the axe, I'd grab it while you can. They don't come up that often, and thats a good price. Normally, I say grab a good amp first, but if you've got one that'll work for now, snap that Kelly up. Worse comes to worse, find a cheap POD bean or something similair, you should get some playable stuff out that.

Comment

Working...
                              X