Divers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divers!

So, I am left handed. Therefore I can't just waltz into any music store and play every guitar to find out first hand what a given guitar plays like, feels like, etc. So, one day I hope to have the cash to get a custom shop Jackson in one of the more outlandish shapes (i.e. King V, Kelly, Warrior, etc) that they don't already offer left handed in the USA select series. So, my question to you all is, which Jackson shapes are notorious for neck diving and which ones stay pointed up (like a dinky/soloist does)?

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

It really varies. Dinkys are supposed to balance well but my Predator(similar in shape to a Dinky) neck dives. My Kelly doesnt dive at all though Kellys are usually notorious for it. So as you can see theres no guarantee one way or the other.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

On the other hand, my Kelly (although only KE3) dives like nobody's business. My Vs do not. They tend to stay where I put them.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Every neckthrough Kelly and V I've had neckdives, but then I don't use sticky straps like leather. Bolt-ons tend to stay in place better for me, but then I usually mount the strap pin on the front edge of the neck pocket.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just order the body out of a heavier wood like maple and the neck out of mahogany or alder, and that should solve any neck dive problem.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just check off the Butt Plug option on the CS form. They know what it's for.

The Kellys are apparently the worst offenders, with the older larger ones being less of a problem. It is usually remedied by moving the upper strap pin.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Didn't someone somewhere route out their Kelly and put lead in it? I seem to recall hearing that somewhere but can't recall if it was at JCF or not.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

That was on Ebay a while back.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That was not too long ago, and I believe the guy was a member here. Though, I'm pretty sure the lead was added by whoever he originally got it from.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Lead... really???:think::think: What would that do to the tone? I wouldn't think it'd be good...
                    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

No left handed KE2's? WTF is this then?
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Kelly-KE2-L...item5d2c5320e7

Here's an RR1T too:
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Usa-RR-1...item4aa635b779

Open your eyes
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

^^ Believe me I do a daily search on ebay for the lefties, and I'd seen that KE2 but the flames really put me off. I hadn't seen the RR1T though. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X