No announcement yet.

NGD: Jackson SL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, you cannot generally replace the Schaller with an Original Floyd Rose without modifying the string lock bolts (they must be shorter) but it's a good tremolo and if you HAD to buy one, you can buy one so, like I said, not really much of a downside at all.

Excellent score man, unless you had a really valuable Strat I think you made out like a bandit, that thing looks about mint!

Comment

Yep that it is a good trem no need for OFR . I would take it part and replace the lock blocks or soak everything wd-40 for a while , should remove most of the rust .
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

That trem is better shape than the one I got on my Dinky reverse a couple years ago. It was rusted every where. That being said it looks more like the finish on the fine tuners just wore off. I've wanted a lighning sky for years and never find one when I have the cash. Also looks like it may have a budman pickup ring on it.
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          Yep, you cannot generally replace the Schaller with an Original Floyd Rose without modifying the string lock bolts (they must be shorter) but it's a good tremolo and if you HAD to buy one, you can buy one so, like I said, not really much of a downside at all.

Thanks for the info It was a strat plus btw with the gold lace sensor pickups.

Excellent score man, unless you had a really valuable Strat I think you made out like a bandit, that thing looks about mint!
          That's great info to know about It was a strat plus with the lace gold pickups.

Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
          Yep that it is a good trem no need for OFR . I would take it part and replace the lock blocks or soak everything wd-40 for a while , should remove most of the rust .
          There's a bit of rust on the lock blocks and some other areas but it's mostly the finish wore off. I definitely need to do a little maintenance on it, and I want to change the pickups but for now it plays great and stays in tuner better than anything I've ever played so if it's not broke, don't fix it

Comment

If it's just a little surface rust, I will use a use a black Sharpie to blacken it, like on the string lock blocks and bolts.

The fine tuners themselves are brass... They use something different for the black coating on the modern ones and it does not wear off as easy as I remember it did back in the 80's and 90's, but for that era, that raw brass like that is what they would look like after a year or two of good use from what I remember. You can use Brasso or something to shine them up but they will stay gold. I'd leave them, it looks like it is well played and well cared for.

A Strat Plus?! Well that's no cheapie Strat but I sure wouldn't miss it all the same.

Comment

I concure. A Strat Plus can be found if you find you miss it. Nice grab
              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
              X