Jackson RR1T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR1T

Hi there. I have a Jackson RR1T USA MADE (p.s. written on headstock)

I bought it several years ago from ebay. The guitar is awesome, but I would want to know some more info about this guitar, i don't know the year and what are the pickups inside. I think its TB4 in bridge, but despite regular SN2 on neck on all Jacksons RR1 models there is smth different, because it has black metal coil dots, not silver like on SN2. I think its Full Shred SH-10, but I'm not sure. I've read a lot about identifying, about serial numbers and much more... but I can't identify my own. The serial is J08929, it means its a custom shop guitar, but it has 5 digits after the "J" which is a very rare option I think... Couldn't find any information about "J" with 5 numbers after it. So I hope you guys can help me identify the year of it, pickups and the whole value of the guitar (I mean what is the price for it today?). Thank you so much for helping me, I hope for decent response.

Some photos of it http://www.flickr.com/photos/56146912@N05/

I'm not sure, but according to this jackson serial product dating link , the RR's with J code serials were made as mistakes. Usually they should be coded with RR code. Not too sure about the 08.

Comment

That's not a J. It looks like a U where the left half of the lettter didn't get stamped through. As in U08929, a USA Select Production guitar RR1T serial number. Not a custom shop order. And that looks like the neck pickup got swapped out for a Dimarzio of some kind.

Comment

Yeah you are right! its U! U08929. What year is it??? Seems like 2001 Ontario? For how much can I sell it? Thank you
        Last edited by November; 11-21-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Here we go again.

Comment

Well, if it's a 2001, you can easily get 5 grand for it, considering it's "pre-Fender!"
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
              Well, if it's a 2001, you can easily get 5 grand for it, considering it's "pre-Fender!"
              C'mon Sully, we all know the newbs might actually try that one day XD!
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Nice guitar!!

Comment

5 grands??? They are 1500-2500 all over ebay.
                  http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
                  Not in that lighting sky finish though... I've bought it aprox for 1700, I think i was lucky on it, but now I wanna sell it, and I've heard that Jackson RR1 started to build cheapper guitar, I mean quality since ~2005. Is that true? And what do you mean "pre-fender"? Still I don't know how much it would cost today, but I don't think that 5 grands is the true answer =) Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by November View Post
                    Not in that lighting sky finish though... I've bought it aprox for 1700, I think i was lucky on it, but now I wanna sell it, and I've heard that Jackson RR1 started to build cheapper guitar, I mean quality since ~2005. Is that true? And what do you mean "pre-fender"? Still I don't know how much it would cost today, but I don't think that 5 grands is the true answer =) Sorry
                    No and No.

It's not worth 5 grand. And typically the only folks you hear yapping about "pre-Fender" Jackson stuff are those who have something to sell and are desperately trying to squeeze a couple more dollars out of it by playing the "New Fender-Jacksons are crap!" angle for those who don't know any better.

You have a nice guitar. You answered your own question though. If they're selling (selling, not just re-listed over and over) between $1500-$2500 on eBay than your guitar is probably worth something within that rage. IMO, list it for $1500 with no reserve and see where it goes.

Comment

It's a forum joke man, don't worry, we're just piss taking about how most people that come here with "Pre-fenders" get the idea they're worth more because they're built better, which of course is not true. (Unless you're a fool, which I doubt)
                      Gear

Jackson DXMG
                      Jackson JS30RR
                      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                      Blackstar HT5H
                      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                      Marshall JCM 800 2203
                      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Actually I'm not living in USA so I won't be selling it on ebay. I want to sell it locally, but I don't wanna scare people with the price... I want it to be decent, still not taking too far (5 grands ). Here (in Europe) guitars are much more expensive
                        http://www.thomann.de/de/jackson_rr1...rhoads_blk.htm
                        2489 Euros = 3413 $ But I doubt someone will buy it for that price... So I'm still thinking what`s da right price...
                        Thank you all for your replies, really nice forum, quick responses, I appreciate it =)
                        Last edited by November; 11-22-2010, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Probably about half the price of a new one, so 1200-1300 Euros? Somewhere in that sort of region is probably about right.
                          I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

yep. totally pulling your chain.
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The guitar is awesome

For how much can I sell it? Thank you

5 grands??? They are 1500-2500 all over ebay

Still I don't know how much it would cost today
                              Guess I'll play the asshole today

So you have an awesome guitar, that apparently want some info on
                              Then it has become so awesome you want to sell it. where an identification thread suddenly turns into a pricecheck
                              when a member gives you an estimated price you don't believe it, check ebay and still wonder what the going prices are

Meh I'll take 12 lemonoil or 25 pickup choice threads a day over stuff like this
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X