No announcement yet.

Finally, a firecrackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year for the crackles was 88 so thats my guess take the trem cover off and see if the date is legible.
    Drop it off at my place on the way thru and I'll fix the wiring.I had one like that and it had a covered J-80 C.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd love to but I go thru Louisville. And it's only on rare occations that I travel without my boss.

To Boss: "We need to take a detour thru Lexington to have guitar work done"

To Me: "You're fired"

The wiring is easy. It's finding the J80C that's hard. Quite a few J90s on the bay, but no J80s.

Comment

Nice guitar man! I love it! :O

Comment

I like it...nice grab

Comment

Crackles Rock! Had a way-cool desert crackle Dinky that I would sell my grandmother into slavery to get back...

Comment

Just sell it to me Don K?

Comment

damn that firecrackle is cool

Comment

I love this guitar. Something about unbound rosewood also speaks to me. Let us know how it plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    I have a feeling Axewielder hates you right now.

I believe the JT-6 will take original Ibanez Edge bars.
                    Looks pretty kickass, but it does look to be a Dinky!

Comment

why that dosent look like dinky, i think it does but why

Comment

I'm a bit confused. This is a Dinky.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrider29 View Post
                          I love this guitar. Something about unbound rosewood also speaks to me. Let us know how it plays.
                          It plays and sounds incredibly F'ing awesome. Sometimes guitar makers just get the right combination of parts.

I tried to put it back to stock and pulled the EMG81 and put in a covered J50BC, but I think the J80 is the correct pickup. The J50BC sounds so badass I won't even think of pulling it and trying a J80.

I think it had a shim and I pulled that to get direct wood contact, and lowered the JT6 a little bit. I have all sorts of black OFR's laying around but IMO the JT6 works great and feels great, so I'm sticking to OEM.

The place where the neck scarf was had a ridge, probably from the two pieces of wood shrinking at different rates. I just took some 320 grit sandpaper and now the whole neck is as smooth as a baby's ass.

The slab of rosewood is nice and thick. I was really really tempted to upgrade to a very nice ebony board that plon was selling, but if I did, what if the tone changed or something? I didn't want to do anything to mess up this guitar because is just sounds so good.

This guitar really shines when playing EVH stuff. I know, everyone says you need an Alnico II pickup but damn if this J50BC doesn't do it nicely.

This guitar has a few chips, the backside of the nose has been chipped off, but I really do love this thing.

Comment

My purple crackle!

(^^^ Image would not embed, so click the text above to see ^^^)

It's an '86 custom strat.
                            Last edited by Bert; 05-01-2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Well mine was a dinky come to think of it.Its an 88

Comment

Working...
                              X