Adrian Smith owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith owners?

I just got a Jackson Adrian Smith w/ebony board and wanted to know if it's normal for the Floyd to be raised off the body about a 1/4 inch or should it be resting on the body?
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

It's normal.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks TJ, All my guitars with Floyds are either full-floating or resting on the body. Never had one that you can "pull-up" just a quater of an inch. Seems weird.........
      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

That's how the newer Charvels have them, also. You can always lower it to rest on the body, but then you'd have to shim the saddles up so you won't be fretting out.

Comment

Yes - that's the way they're supposed to be:

-------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

yep thats how my 2 floyds look as well.

Comment

It's the best of all Floyd set-ups, IMHO. Old-school cool, and just feels "right" to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Yes - that's the way they're supposed to be:

That's exactly how mine looks............

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  It's the best of all Floyd set-ups, IMHO. Old-school cool, and just feels "right" to me.
                  And it's Okay that the trem-studs are up higher than normal? That you can see some of the threads?

Comment

Yeah that's fine.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

That's normal, since it's a non-recessed Floyd. The neck angle is tilted back more so the trem will be a little higher off the body.

Comment

Perfectly normal.

Comment

Working...
                        X