Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me I'm not alone

Ok,

So I ordered a left hand Adrain Smith Sig. model back in July of 09. I was told then that it would take around 3 months, So I figured around Nov.

I was then told, that due to delays it would be Jan 15th, 2010, then because of delays/NAMM I was told March 26th, 2010. Now I'm being told the end of April 2010.

I am so fed-up I'm ready to cancel the order entirely, but I really want this guitar.

Any simular experiences? Should I hold out or cancel, I have never ordered a custom guitar before, but this just seems crazy..... I mean I did pay real good money for the guitar....

I had a similar experience with my KE2 this year. I ordered it the first of August last year and was told 2 1/2 to 4 months. It got here after delays, miscommunications, and whatnot mid-February. It's the best guitar I've ever owned and I can't put it down, lol. I know how frustrating it is, but if I were you I would hold out and continue waiting. It's worth it, trust me. At least it was for me. There were no issues with the KE2, no problems of any kind. It was in pristine condition when it got here.

Mark

Comment

When I ordered my sl2h graveyard, it should have been a 4 months wait, that turned into 8 months. For my custom soloist, at first, I was told less than one year, and it turned into 2 years, 1 month and 2 weeks!!!! USA Jackson + order = Patience. When you buy from foreign country to take benefit of the money conversion, let me tell you that you make nightmares when the $ value gets higher!
      What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Just wait it out..... You have nothing to loose and a Guitar to gain..
        Make sure you have a reliable dealer. If not, Go to a different one.

Comment

Welcome to the C/J special order wait time. Take your coat off and have a seat. It's gonna be a while. 8-12 months is normal. Frustrating but normal. At this point you might as well hold on. Hopefully your almost there. At least 2/3 there. Good luck.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Pfft. try 18 months.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Does that include the 6 months sitting in a crate at a shipping dock?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Pfft. Try 8 months
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Is a lefty version of a production guitar considered a special order or is it just like a normal out of stock USA select that they will get to when that model's turn comes up to crank some out?
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

I have ordered a SL2HT in september and I am still wainting... You are not alone

Comment

Originally posted by beckstrat View Post
                      Just wait it out..... You have nothing to loose .
                      lose even

You've been RacerX'd
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah when I ordered my KV2 first they said 2-3 Months, then after 3 I started asking and they said 1 more month, at the end of that month they said 1 more, etc. till I finally got it about 7 months after I ordered it. Just be patient

Comment

11 months and 30 days on my CS. J/C wait times are a bitch, but when they do come they are worth the wait

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                            Is a lefty version of a production guitar considered a special order or is it just like a normal out of stock USA select that they will get to when that model's turn comes up to crank some out?

Thanks all for the reply's. I had a feeling this would be the case, it's just tough waiting. But I will wait....

I don't think they list the Adrain Smith Sig as a lefty version, so I think it's special order...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                              Hopefully your almost there.
                              Come on Ron...you're slipping!

Comment

Working...
                              X