Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Jackson still make custom body shapes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Jackson still make custom body shapes?

If I wanted something like a bolt-on, Round horn Roswelian Star, made out of acrylic, would jackson be able make it for me?

I don't know, but if i may... Why?

Comment

just wondering.

Comment

I was under the impression if you can afford it, they can build it.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
          I don't know, but if i may... Why?
          Because...if you haven't noticed yet, Ross is a bit, shall we say...odd!
          Last edited by 6string40; 03-21-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
            That's alright, it's a free country, but i dunno it just seems very flamboyant and not that original. I remember a couple of years back ,when that british band ''The Darkness'' was the cool new thing, the lead guitarist Justin Hawkins had a deal with Gibson where they'd produce his guitar. All standard, only he too was pretty ambiguous. His Gibson was the most awkward thing to look at. Super sparkly paint (the picture on guitar one had it painted a sort of pink he called ''Pepto Bismol'' pink lol), really elaborate and expensive looking inlays and a big shiny bigsby trem ,which i don't think he uses that much, but when in rome :S. I don't know, it was his style to look that ... I'm going to chose my words carefully here.. Gay? I just don't get why Gibson would make a few copies and sell them. They were priced a little over 10k each.

Anyways, where i am getting at is why do people want to have guitars that make them look like Liberache lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
              Aww shucks...thanks for noticing.

I was under the impression that they didn't do the super custom stuff anymore. I know ESP makes the "unique" alfee guitars.Like I said, I was just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                Aww shucks...thanks for noticing.

I was under the impression that they didn't do the super custom stuff anymore. I know ESP makes the "unique" alfee guitars.Like I said, I was just wondering.
                Can't you just email them or call someone for that. I'm sure you could a more accurate response.

Comment

I've got to believe there'd be some major tooling costs to do a one-off acrylic body.

Comment

I remember BCR did an acrylic series. Ugh! FUGLY! Can't imagine they sounded good either
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      I remember BCR did an acrylic series. Ugh! FUGLY! Can't imagine they sounded good either
                      They were back-breaking HEAVY suckers!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        They weren't that bad actually. Unique sound. They weren't the first to do this of course, with Dillion, Dan armstrong and i heard Kramer even made one or two. I played the Limited Acrylic Jem and it was awesome. Sounded good, but it was waay cooler than just a see through guitar. It had some sweet multicolored swirling inside and had some green leds. If i had the 6000$ to buy, i totally would have. I hope they either make more of these or i can find one for under that, but there's little hope for that. They don't sound as good as i assume a 4000-5000 jackson custom would sound if it was made of something more organic.

Comment

Whoa.... LIBERACE may have been a sausage lover but that mofo was bad ass!

Comment

If you could pay for the acrylic work, which would have to be cut by hand (or power-tooled, as opposed to injection molded), and get clearance from Amir Derakh to use the RS design (even modded to roundhorn), then yeah, they'd probably do it.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They won't do a "roundhorn" anything - custom shape or not. Trust me, I tried.

Comment

Working...
                              X