X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Question.

Hi,
    Newb questions for everyone.
    How do the post fender USA soloists compare with the pre buy out?
    Is the quality and playability similar. I am looking into picking up my first
    USA model in the used market.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

They are 100% identical. The entire "pre-Fender" crap is just that; crap people say to get more for their guitar on Flea-Bay. If anything, I would feel better buying a guitar from a company under Fender than under Akai.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

+1 Don't pay any attention to the year, so long as it's got the features you want and it's not beat all to hell or defective in some way you'll be fine either way.

Comment

Good to know! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Diminished View Post
          Hi,
          Newb questions for everyone.
          How do the post fender USA soloists compare with the pre buy out?
          Is the quality and playability similar. I am looking into picking up my first
          USA model in the used market.
          Thanks,
          Kevin
          You'll find a lot of sellers on ebay trying to spread the bullshit that Fender ruined Jackson and you need to spend extra for a pre-Fender, when in fact the opposite is probably true. I have USA's from before and after and they are all good.

Comment

they are completely different they should just call them fender neckthru mini strats now.

i joe king.

Comment

I've ownd both and could not tell the difference in either. The quiality of both were absolutely 100% perfect.
              SL1T (Trans Green)
              SL2H (Trans Blue)
              My band - *LIFTER*

Comment

Right, since about 1996-97 the USA Production Jacksons have been built the same exact way with the same exact components and styles, like Floyd Rose trems, ebony boards, larger/thicker MOP logo inlay, etc. Prior to that was the "2nd Generation" USA Production line from about 1994-96 which still used the Schaller JT-590 and ebony boards but went to mostly passive circuitry with Jackson J-100 singles and Lawrence XL 500 humbuckers. The original USA Production line started in the spring of 1990 and went through about 1994. The neck throughs had a special carve at the neck to body joint, used active Jackson circuitry and pickups, and the Schaller trem. MOP logo was not as thick as later editions.

So there is a difference in playability and feel on those era Jacksons, with differences in hardware and pickups too. General build quality was equal.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Cool. I have one of each generation except the first.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X