No announcement yet.

Rhoads vs Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont have a soloist, but i do have 3 superstrats a kv2 and an rr1. i vote you get a kv2, it is the easiest to play sitting or standing imo, the best upper fret access, perfect balance ...just a joy to play.

Comment

i prefer the soloist over the rr. i like strat-shapes better, and the rr is a bit too small on me.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
        I prefer the Soloist by far. 24 frets vs. 22 and a smoother heel. I typically play in the classical position, but I don't like the way the Rhoads forces one to do so when sitting down.
        Plus 1
        2011 USA Jackson Soloist
        2007 USA Jackson Soloist
        2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
        2009 Edwards ECY 165
        2009 Schecter Hellraiser
        2006 USA BC Rich Wave
        2012 Gibson LP Trad
        1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          What year is that picture? It looks like an old style heel. My 2005 Bengal has the smooth neck, no heel.
          Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
          either a shannon re-issue or like a 87ish
          It IS a Shannon, good eye Gibsonmac. It's hard to find pics of the neck joint on google.

Here's one from a 2005 SL2H:
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Don't own a soloist, closest I have is an Ibanez RG
            But my RR1 gives the best upper fret acces of all my guitars
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Soloist hands down is overall a more reasonable guitar for just about everything. The fret access is slightly better, two extra frets, and a super sleek sexy looking strat shape. The Rhoads is a great guitar too, its just that the soloist is just overall a more reasonable guitar to have.

Comment

So the conclusion is soloist is more practical, and if i have extra money then a rhoads will be for standup performance and for collection

THanks a lot guys

Comment

Originally posted by cpph1992 View Post
                  So the conclusion is soloist is more practical, and if i have extra money then a rhoads will be for standup performance and for collection

THanks a lot guys
                  No.

The conclusion is this discussion turns into a war.

You need to go out and find which one works best for you.

Comment

The conclusion is to get whatever you want

Play both (side by side) if possible, and you'll know within 10 minutes which is the one for you

If neither shapes do it for you side by side, consider a Kelly or Warrior

just keep trying them until they feel right, Who cares about looks. I strap my guitar up to my chin on stage, I don't care how it looks. Strat shape is more comfortable, so I have soloists (Mine DO sound incredible but hey )

etc, etc, etc.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

I have both a Soloist Pro and a KV3. I find that upper fret access is very good on the KV (which is a bolt on) but the soloist has amazing upper fret access. That being said, if there were a fire and I could only grab one...Well, I'd find a way to grab both.

The V shapes do take a tiny bit of getting used to while sitting, but they play quite comfortably once you get accustomed to them.

You can't go wrong with either guitar, but if you sit down and play both, one of them will "call" to you more than the other. Go with whichever one that is.

Comment

Really comes down to which you like better. They're made in the same shop by the same people and have the same electronics.
                        Scott

Comment

I would say that you should probably get the soloist. The RR shape is unusual and impractical by comparison. If you have to ask, the Soloist is the obvious answer.

If you are like me, however, the RR will speak to you every time you open the case. It is visually striking, plays like a dream and makes me proud daily. I would love a Soloist and will buy one someday if I can, but ultimately it is still a strat (even if it may be the best strat there is), and relatively conservative aesthetically.

And all that gibberish about an RR1 being uncomfortable while sitting down is a load of crap. It may force you to adapt to new form, but that is a good thing in my eyes. As for balance, it has never been an issue for me in any way whatsoever, and I honestly don't know what some people are talking about regarding nosedives.

Everyone has an opinion, but I think that unless the sight of the RR1 elicits an immediate drool response, get the Soloist and enjoy it forever.

Just my 2 bits.
                          Last edited by Anatar; 03-19-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatar View Post
                            If you are like me, however, the RR will speak to you every time you open the case. It is visually striking, plays like a dream and makes me proud daily.
                            Everyone has an opinion, but I think that unless the sight of the RR1 elicits an immediate drool response, get the Soloist and enjoy it forever.
                            Good said!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X