Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever add a pickguard to a Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    isn't there some rule about letting the flag touch the ground?
    There are tons of rules regarding a flag should be used or represented.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070303248.html

Ultimately I think common sense is the rule- A guitar with a flag motif imho is fine...but you can't fly it from a pole and at some point it's gonna have to lay on the ground.

Same as a firefighter's uniform- He throws that shirt into the laundry at some point. It probably has a flag on it. Ditto for military. Gotta have some latitude. I think it's pretty clear when someone is intentionally being disrespectful.

Most uses of the flag aside from actually flying it could be looked at as "violations". Intent is everything however.

Comment

well, if you put a pickgaurd on a soloist, I am going to call the dept of guitar services up. and they will come and take your guitars away and place them into a foster home or state ward facility, until such time as a judge can decide if your fit to own them or if they should be placed in a new home with adoptive parents.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
        There are tons of rules regarding a flag should be used or represented.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070303248.html

Ultimately I think common sense is the rule- A guitar with a flag motif imho is fine...but you can't fly it from a pole and at some point it's gonna have to lay on the ground.

Same as a firefighter's uniform- He throws that shirt into the laundry at some point. It probably has a flag on it. Ditto for military. Gotta have some latitude. I think it's pretty clear when someone is intentionally being disrespectful.

Most uses of the flag aside from actually flying it could be looked at as "violations". Intent is everything however.

fine then for all he cares he can just show up in a friggin Evel Knieval outfit :P Ain't now against wearing a badass jump suit and being patriotic hehe

Comment

I ordered a flag blank from axewraps.com. I'll post pics once I get it installed, hopefully next week.

Thanks, everyone.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            Ugh! Don't do it.
            Plus 1
            2011 USA Jackson Soloist
            2007 USA Jackson Soloist
            2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
            2009 Edwards ECY 165
            2009 Schecter Hellraiser
            2006 USA BC Rich Wave
            2012 Gibson LP Trad
            1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

Vinyl cling or something should do it.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Spend $44,000 on Mustaine's USA Flag Y2KV

Problem solved.
                I like EL34s.

Comment

There is a USA Flag Soloist up on the 'Bay right now... Get your checkbook out!

Comment

Link please?
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                    X