Muscian's Friend Mustaine Signature KV1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscian's Friend Mustaine Signature KV1

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this forum for many years and I've got a couple questions that someone on this board will surely know the answers to... I've come across a KV MF that I really want, but since I've never seen another one I'd like to know if the one I'm looking at is original or if it's been jacked with. This one overall looks real good and would probably clean up to look mint, but it's got a couple of odd things about it. First, although both pickups look like duncans, the neck pickup doesn't have the logo on it. I'm unable to remove the plates (yet) to see if the wiring looks original so I'm curious to know if this is the way these things came. Also, Dave's signature is on the upper horn in gold paint pen, but there is clear coat over the top of the signature in a masked off square which overall makes it look a little cheesy in my opinion. Do you think this was this done at the factory or was this done by the original owner? I'm not normally a huge "signature" guitar fan, and I buy Jacksons to play, not collect, but in this case Dave's signature is too cool to pass up, but if it's not original I might be able to get it a little cheaper. Thanks!

Last edited by Brad42; 03-09-2010, 10:54 PM.

Hey there.. That is a KV-1 MF (musicians friend) pretty rare. A run made sometime around '96 I believe. I Have seen older duncans without the logo so there is a good chance it is the actual seymour duncan that came with the guitar. The clear over the sig is probably something a previous owner did to "preserve" it.

Comment

I thought(prolly wrongly), that these had lsr tuners???
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

If anybody else happens to own one of these, I'd really like to see some other pictures. I've searched the web and can't find anything. There are several threads here with some good info, but all the links to pictures are broken.

Comment

The guitar looks aulthentic, my KV1 and others from 96-97 have no writing on the neck pickup and a TB-5 in the bridge, some time around 97 they swapped the LSRs with regular tuners as LSR went out of buisness,also at some point they put medium frets and a slightly thinner neck(same as KV2 and King V Pro) as stock.

As for the sig on the horn i would say the owner had it personly signed.
          Hope thats a help to you
          If you need more info check out this site http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/davemustaine/

Comment

Originally posted by madalia1981 View Post
            As for the sig on the horn i would say the owner had it personly signed.
            They came from Musician's Friend already signed. I think the owner just cleared and taped over it to protect it better. There was also a Kelly with the same specs at the same time that Marty signed.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I could do with the signature, but the rest of that guitar is fantastic!

Comment

Thanks for all good info! Once I get this thing home and cleaned up I'll try to post some better pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                  I thought(prolly wrongly), that these had lsr tuners???
                  what would be the point with a floyd?

Comment

I saw one of those at GC in Englewood, CO about two weeks ago, very good condition.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Who's Muscian?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

as cool as dave mustaine's signature is, imo, being on the front of the guitar like that and with the botched job of trying to clear over it, i'd say that takes some value off it. he should've signed the back control cavity or something so the guitar could stay 100% original

Comment

Massive necro post here, but I've got my eye on one these and was just curious if they're USA made or MIJ?

Comment

These would be USA, if you look at the pic in the first post of the headstock you'll notice it right up in there
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Psh well there you go being logical! Thanks for pointing that out, I guess Dave's signature distracted me :P

Comment

Working...
                              X