Black WR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black WR1

I'm having a difficult time finding one. Seems like most online stores, and Guitar Center, only carry the bolted steel. I think it's stupid that they carry a nicer finish, but don't carry a basic black finish. Is there a reason that black is harder to find?

It is odd they don't offer black but most of those mass online retailers like GC and its affiliates only offer a very limited range of the USA colors/finishes available. Its true for soloists, Rhoads, KV2s, etc.

The local GC guys tell me its because the Jackson USAs aren't squarely within their demographic, but at the same time they offer for sale lots of other pointy things and other pricier guitars that cost $3,000 -$4,000 that aren't nearly as playable IMO as a Jackson USA.

Not sure how the distribution works but maybe that's the way FMIC wants it.

I would think black is more plentiful than a bolted steel in terms of production numbers, but at the same time, maybe its because black is in wicked demand.
    Last edited by Larz; 02-24-2010, 09:04 AM.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
      It is odd they don't offer black but most of those mass online retailers like GC and its affiliates only offer a very limited range of the USA colors/finishes available. Its true for soloists, Rhoads, KV2s, etc.

The local GC guys tell me its because the Jackson USAs aren't squarely within their demographic, but at the same time they offer for sale lots of other pointy things and other pricier guitars that cost $3,000 -$4,000 that aren't nearly as playable IMO as a Jackson USA.

Not sure how the distribution works but maybe that's the way FMIC wants it.

I would think black is more plentiful than a bolted steel in terms of production numbers, but at the same time, maybe its because black is in wicked demand.
      True. But at the same time, don't discount the possibility that Guitar Center might just be ran by a bunch of boneheads.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

If your having a hard time locating one, try PM'ing one of the dealers IE: Matt's Music or Piney and see if they can order you one straight from Jackson.

Comment

Even on ebay, all I seem to find are graphic finished WR1's...

...as if that was ever a problem in my eyes! .
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks everyone. Ya on ebay they only have graphic paint jobs also. It's not that I don't think they look cool, just for some reason I want a black one. Plus they're 500 bucks cheaper.

Comment

It depends on who/when/where you buy from. I have 3 used WR1's, and it was actually the Trans Black that cost £280 more than my Nebula and £330 more than my BKGF. The exchange rate was really shit at the time. I was once offered a plain black WR1, but he wanted 1500 Euros! It really does pay to wait.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ya I meant it'd be 500 less brand new, and 1500 euros is more than a brand new plain black one, right?

Comment

1500 euro's is $2141, hence I don't buy from within the UK.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Ok so I found out I could get one through Guitar Center but it'd technically be a custom order or something like that. I hope it won't take several months like real custom orders take.

Comment

WR1's are kinda over-the-top, so most people who go in for that sort of thing want some skulls and shit on there.

Comment

Ya true but I'm not sure skulls are something I really want on my guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Alurkz View Post
                          Ya true but I'm not sure skulls are something I really want on my guitar.
                          Won't go over at church, eh?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Won't go over at church, eh?
                            Ya I don't wanna risk getting excommunicated haha

Comment

What's wrong with skulls?

Comment

Working...
                              X