KE1F - Value, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KE1F - Value, thoughts?

I'd appreciate some input from the experts.

I am wondering what the Jackson folks think of the KE1F - discontinued because no one wanted them, discontinued and now sought after, something altogether different...?

More practically, do these bring in prices along the lines of a KE2? I owned a nice KE2 for a long time and loved it, and I now have a shot at a straight black KE1F in what I would say is very good shape. It seems reasonable enough to me at the asking price of $1000, but I figured I should ask. For the most part my guitars gather no moss, so I'm sure it will be for sale again eventually if I snag it.

Thanks. I am not familiar with the history of this particular model, so any insight is appreciated.

-mitch

1,000 seems fair...i had a white one a few years back that i sold for right around that price as well...dunno how much they are "sought after" though...especially being that black was probably the most common color...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by Ofey View Post
      For the most part my guitars gather no moss, so I'm sure it will be for sale again eventually if I snag it.-mitch
      See ya on eBay.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I don't even want to say how many guitars I've gone through...it's embarassing to admit.

Comment

I haven't seen a KE anything go for under $1400 on ebay in the past 6 months...and I look...

Comment

Compared to a run of the mill KE2, ANY KE1 should be worth more.

A KE1F shouldn't sell for less than say $1200 that isn't beat. I think that the trans black quilted top versions are worth a little more, but thats me. If it is signed on the headstock, that adds a bit of value also.

If you can pick one up for a grand you are doing really good.
            Jackson USA guitars
            BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
            Diezel VH4
            Framus Cobra
            VHT UL
            Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
            Mesa MK3
            Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

Nah, those are only worth 6 bills

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks. I'll buy it then, assuming it's still available. I flip guitars so frantically that I have to be careful how much I spend. It's a disease.

I appreciate the input.

-mitch

Comment

If I found a KE1 of any kind going for $1000, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Well, you snooze, you lose I guess. The guy's friend told him the Kelly was worth $2k "easy," so he's gonna put it on eBay (which I probably would have done too ). He told me I could do a local pickup if I win though.

Thanks anyway!

-mitch

Comment

Yea, the KE1s and KE1Fs are pretty rare. I'm still kicking myself for returning a KE1T in quilted maple because I didn't "vibe" with it.. it was NOS for $1000, back in the early 2000s. I exchanged it for an Ibanez UV777 universe. Insert facepalm here.

There's a KE1, the Marty Friedman siggy, on the 'bay right now for around $1500 shipped.. I'm sure that'll go up.
                      KV Pro, SL2H, KE2, DK2M, Model 7 Tele, 6505+, Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Ofey View Post
                        I flip guitars so frantically that I have to be careful
                        We will remember this,
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, I have been here *a little* while, but I tend to read more than write...

I love the senses of humor here, especially yours!
                          Last edited by Ofey; 02-26-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bainelaker View Post
                            Yea, the KE1s and KE1Fs are pretty rare. I'm still kicking myself for returning a KE1T in quilted maple because I didn't "vibe" with it.. it was NOS for $1000, back in the early 2000s. I exchanged it for an Ibanez UV777 universe. Insert facepalm here.

There's a KE1, the Marty Friedman siggy, on the 'bay right now for around $1500 shipped.. I'm sure that'll go up.
                            You traded up a KE1T for an Ibenhad?
                            Jackson USA guitars
                            BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
                            Diezel VH4
                            Framus Cobra
                            VHT UL
                            Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
                            Mesa MK3
                            Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
                              You traded up a KE1T for an Ibenhad?
                              Yup. At the time, I was infatuated with the 7-string thing, and I really dug the neck. I kept that Universe until this year, when I sold it to get the SL2H.

The Ibanez really was a spectacular guitar, fit and finish were quite good and it was amazingly versatile.
                              KV Pro, SL2H, KE2, DK2M, Model 7 Tele, 6505+, Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X