Kelly neck, pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJF View Post
    Looks really good. Hope this doesn't step across any lines, but if for some reason you ever decide to let this one go, I'll be interested as I'm not that far from you.
    Hehe, I'll keep that in mind!
    KV Pro, SL2H, KE2, DK2M, Model 7 Tele, 6505+, Metal

Comment

air norton?

Comment

Oh yeah. I'm happy as HELL with the Full Shred and Jazz combo.. exactly what I was looking for - clarity in all positions, no matter what. Sounded unbelievable at full blast in the rehearsal room, the FS has a ridiculously defined tightness to the attack - it's almost EMG-like . Very crisp. The FS definitely doesn't "sing" like a JB does, for those super melodic 80s leads, but for technical shred stuff, it works very well - gets me into Becker/Friedman territory for sure. The jazz? Well, it's a jazz. Bright and clear. Can't go wrong.

Interesting note.. the sustain on my Soloist and Kelly are incredibly different - the Kelly has much, much, much longer sustain, but it doesn't have that strange swirling quality to the sustain that Soloists seem to have.. wonder why that is.

In any case, this thing rocks. Plain and simple.. ahh. <3 jackson.
        KV Pro, SL2H, KE2, DK2M, Model 7 Tele, 6505+, Metal

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
          air norton?
          Yep, http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/ Click on medium output pickups under pickups>select a model>medium output
          Last edited by roodyrocker; 02-24-2010, 01:38 AM.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
            Looks really good. Hope this doesn't step across any lines, but if for some reason you ever decide to let this one go, I'll be interested as I'm not that far from you.
            Thanks for giving me a shot on this one.... just caught that it closed on Ebay.
            Jackson USA guitars
            BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
            Diezel VH4
            Framus Cobra
            VHT UL
            Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
            Mesa MK3
            Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

Working...
            X