Anyone try this pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try this pickup?

Has anyone tried the Seymour Duncan Lil Screamin’ Demon Pickup in the neck position of a soloist? I'm still looking for the allusive sound I want. Thanks for all the input for the bridge position.

Its an OK pick up I would try a Lil'59 because I know how good those sound.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a lil demon in Custom Shop Dinky and it is pretty good. I also have a lil 59 in a PC3 and love it. Not as good as a real 59 but its pretty damn close for a single coil space. The lil Demon is nice and has a bit more bite the 59 is smoother.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

thanks for the input. I think I'll try the 59 since I want a smoother sound. Since I like playing lead off the neck pickup should I buy the neck or bridge 59 for my neck?

Comment

I would go with the neck because its a little bit lower output than the bridge version.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            I would go with the neck because its a little bit lower output than the bridge version.
            true, but if you want a little 'nastier' tone, although still very smooth, go bridge... it wont be as hot as a JB or anything like that, it'll just give you a bit more nuts.
            Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Is that the only difference between the bridge and neck pickup? The amount of output?

Comment

Working...
              X