Those who own a RR1 & a RR1T...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who own a RR1 & a RR1T...

Do you notice any difference in the feel of the string tension between the two models?

An RR1 will feel a little "springier" than an RR1T unless you have the trem blocked in some way. That is just the nature of a floating trem. It won't feel signifigantly different, but if you have some kind of tension OCD you'd probably notice it.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I had both at the same time. Still have my RR1. I could notice the difference. Really couldn't get used to it. Like Hellbat said if you're really OCD, you will notice.

Comment

any trem equipped guitar will have a springier feel than the same in a hard-tail, more so if its a floating trem
        Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

I agree trem equipped will have a lighter feel . I can string a SL2HT with a set of 9-42 and have no problems . But doing the same on a SL2H and they like wet noddles All my trem equipped guitars end up with heavier gauge strings on them .
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Thanks for the replies!!
            I'm aware that floating trem gtrs usually feel a bit slinkier than fixed bridge gtrs, but I'm really just interested in the experiences of people who owned a RR1 & RR1T at the same time (like plon).

Comment

Originally posted by seafoamer View Post
              Thanks for the replies!!
              I'm aware that floating trem gtrs usually feel a bit slinkier than fixed bridge gtrs, but I'm really just interested in the experiences of people who owned a RR1 & RR1T at the same time (like plon).

Yes.. Had both at the same time, the strings are higher off the body, so its a slightly different flavor on the rr1t, also palm muting and picking are a bit different, again it's just an inherent difference between a fixie and a floyd. The strings def. felt stiffer on the T and is sustained longer. It played more like a Gibson Flying V, I guess I would say(well Jacksonized anyhow... 25.5" etc) in terms of feel, strings higher off the body, I did like the 'resting spot' for your palm on the T right behind the bridge.

eventually sold both , but I bought another RR1 recently, I liked the straight up RR1 better, just personal pref. probly wont get another T

They really are two completely different guitars, that happen to look the same from a distance.
              Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Working...
              X