Why does my PC1 have a 4 digit serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my PC1 have a 4 digit serial number

I was looking at the new ebay Phil Collen NAMM PC1 guitars and I noticed that they had a 4 digit serial number.

One of my PC1's also has a 4 digit serial number (no zeros before or after as some of you may be thinking)

I know of a few other customs PC1's that also had that plate but mine is a run of the mill Jackson that came from a fellow JCF member so what gives?

I know of a few true Custom Shop PC1's (including some of Phil's own) that do have a true 4 digit serial number.

I just don't get it?

Post pics please... How old is it? Does it have 2 knobs or 3 knobs? Is it the old style headstock or Strat? Help us out a little.

Comment

serial is #8295 and its an old three knob Sears headstock version.

It was purchased from Bengal65 if I recall.

Comment

Interesting - obviously, 4 digits indicates CS whereas 6 = production. But sounds like you have a production guitar with a CS plate. Anything's possible...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

my solar has SN 5174
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Just 5174 with no additional digits?

The mystery continues then......

Comment

What is really strange is that neck measures much thicker than any other PC1's that I have ever owned. That and the fit and finish is night and day above all my other PC1's.

There is a sticker underneath the trem cavity that looks like a work order of some sorts with various writing and signatures. I'll have to shoot a pic the next time I restring the guitar.

Comment

Bengal65 needs to chime in here and tell us where he purchased it and maybe some additional history.

Has there been 4 digit plates put on production guitars in the recent past?

BTW here is another MEGA famous PC1 with a 4 digit number and if I recall correctly started out as a production (ish) PC1

Thanks to Brooks for these pics and I hope he does not mind me posting them here. If so please shoot me a PM.

http://www.brooksguitaruniverse.com/...py/lumpy16.jpg

http://www.brooksguitaruniverse.com/...py/lumpy13.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                  What is really strange is that neck measures much thicker than any other PC1's that I have ever owned. That and the fit and finish is night and day above all my other PC1's.

There is a sticker underneath the trem cavity that looks like a work order of some sorts with various writing and signatures. I'll have to shoot a pic the next time I restring the guitar.
                  Phil's PC1's have a thicker neck profile. I held one of his a couple of years ago and noticed it and asked him about it. He confirmed that his are custom and are thicker than the production neck.
                  Last edited by singlehum; 02-15-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I doubt very much that my PC1 was somehow built for Phil in any way but its a weird saga nevertheless....

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna say that Phil's personal guitars have a thicker neck than normal. Maybe, just maybe....
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                        Has there been 4 digit plates put on production guitars in the recent past?
                        My snakeskin DK-1 which i got from Wilkinski has a 4 digit plate (#8338) and I believe that Simon got it checked and all it confirmed that it was a 2005
                        model..def not a custom shop.

Comment

Vic -
                          If that is my old one - that was Chris Caffery's.... may explain the serial #...

Comment

Wayniac,

Afraid that it was not the Au Natural but a Solar that I picked up from Bengal65.

Comment

Working...
                            X