Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across a mutt,the neck was obviously from an import the trussrod cover had ''JRR-94''however the body was a white,not pearl white,but a snow white period correct dinky,with jackson labeled bridge pu,jackson labeled neck single coil p.u.,a JT-6,1volume,1-3way switch.San Dimas neckplate with #4510.Ontario I would guess.It has a graphic that looks like a pencil sketch type of art with2 gargoyles fighting around some old lookin columns

My question is what is this worth even though the neck is wrong,how could I confirm that its a USA body and should I buy it if its a ridiculous low price,I'm open to all suggestions.

Comment

I think there was a gargoyle body floating around out there.

Comment

If they know its a mutt the price will reflect that.Say $350 if they want 700 then they don't have a clue.
        I would let them know the neck is not original if they have a high price on it.They might come down some.If its in a pawn shop offer $300 cash I'll bet they have less than $100.00 in it.

I would love to find one cheap because I have a killer reverse pointy neck.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

straycat your dead-on as far as what they want for it 299.00 ,I told them the necks not original,but I didn't mention the body's an 87-88 USA,I get my income tax refund this week so I'm gonna grab it,I just need to find a correct knob and switch selector.

Comment

Thank you ''Glory''for the links to the gallery with the USA Jackson #6262,this is almost the same exact graphic,is it a Dan Lawrence or GMW.I have a Charvel Model 4 mutt with a maple/maple neckfrom a model 1 ,I might put that neck on it and take off the ''JRR-94'' Jackson neck until I can come across a USA neck from the same time period,just in case anybody might be able to help me locate one.
            Last edited by hunter1970; 02-13-2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Well when I originally posted this I planned on getting it but somebody bought it before I could get it,now as funny as it may seem it's for sale again,I'm not letting it slip throughy fingers this time.

Comment

I also noticed looking at it is the JT-6 posts have been screwed down making the JT-6 almost flat against the body,I don't get it,it should have a slight angle to it but the neck on it almost seems to be at a parallel angle to the body,my Maple/maple Model series should fit good however the neck pocket might need to be shimmed to get the angle correct.
                Last edited by hunter1970; 12-23-2010, 07:41 PM.

Comment

will you put up pictures as soon as you nab it? i'm very interested, that graphic isn't like anything i've seen and a JT-6 flat to the body sounds... funny i guess haha. nonetheless, very cool, that's a good find especially if you can get the maple model series neck to fit in there..
                  I don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin.

Comment

I'm definitely going to put my Maple/maple neck on it until I can find a USA Jackson neck,and I'll also keep my Model 4 body but won't be putting the Jackson import neck on it, my friends son has an import Rhoads that this neck will work for,he broke his neck,I sold it to him 3 years ago and he loves it , I tried to buy the body back but he wouldn't budge.

Comment

Well I put some money down on it today, I would've bought it but it being Christmas eve and I was still shopping for nieces nephews and my own kids, but I stopped in there for some PSP games.
                      What I figured was the different neck angle was due to the JRR-94 having a string thru bridge thus the different neck angle.

Comment

Look in the trem cavity there should be a grid stamp in there with the work order number and other info that way you will confirm its a USA body.
                        Work order number should be in the neck cavity as well.Pics when you get it.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Comment

Taken from my phone, sorry about the quality.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X