San Dimas price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas price?

the GC near me has an old jackson san dimas. Blue and silver crackle paint job and a rosewood board. It sounds great and the neck is to die for. Its got the old style floyd with no fine tuners and the locking nut is behind the regular net like kahler's have. The floyd is in rough shape- probably needs to be replaced with a gotoh. They want $799- Is that too much?

if you go to www.guitarcenter.com and search used gear with "Jackson san diams" it should pop up.

That's actually an '87 or '88 Ontario guitar. Jackson was still using San Dimas plates on the bolt-ons at that point. Love the finish. $799.00 might be just slightly high, since the market for Ontario strats isn't all that hot. Not crazy high, though. Those guitars were selling for $500 a few years ago, but prices have recently started to creep up a little. My advice is to see if they would do it for $700.

Don't worry about the JT-6 trem. Probably 8 out of 10 people who get those guitars now replace the trem with an OFR. It's a direct retrofit, and you can get replacement trem studs from fretsonthenet.com that work better with OFRs and screw right in to the existing bushings.

Comment

The blowup pic isn't working for me, but from the small pic it looks to be an early dinky.

Comment

Old style floyd is what he stated no mention of a JT-6
        If its an 88 SD plated dinky it could have come with OFR,JT-6 or Schaller floyd.
        Not a bad price really every SD plated Jackson I have ever had has been outstanding and well worth the money.I would offer $700 cash or trade in something that would sell well for them.Say a MIM strat or tele if you have one to knock down your cash outlay.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Old style floyd is what he stated no mention of a JT-6
          If its an 88 SD plated dinky it could have come with OFR,JT-6 or Schaller floyd.
          Not a bad price really every SD plated Jackson I have ever had has been outstanding and well worth the money.I would offer $700 cash or trade in something that would sell well for them.Say a MIM strat or tele if you have one to knock down your cash outlay.
          It was a licensed under floyd and the block was painted black, I didn't see a schaller logo. I'd replace it anyway. Seeing that i just bought a Fryette Sig:x, I'd have to sell my rr24m to afford the san dimas. Anyone want one?

Comment

Working...
          X