Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had this problem with their SL2h?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had this problem with their SL2h?

Well, Today because of the snowstorm in NYC i got to spend a whole day playing my new jackson

But, I this also made me aware of the flaws that came with it. Im pretty sure the last owner sold it to GC because of the tuning issues they had. Anyways this is what was wrong:

So I noticed that when I pulled did pull-ups it went out of tune. So I removed the bridge and discovered this:

Then I looked under the bridge and discovered that the intonation screws were too long and were protruting from the bottom of the bridge. So the intonation screws would hit the body whenever I pulled up.

This is where being a Jackson fan since I started playing guitar 3 years ago pays off I used one of my cheaper Jacksons with the Lincensed bridge. Im not sure of the name but heres a pic of it:

So i took the intonation screws from that and placed it into the OFR on my SL2H. heres a comparison of the length of the screw from the OFR and the Licensed one:

After installing the first four LFR intonation screws heres how it looks on the OFR.(The last 2 screws protruting out is the Original intonation screws):

After fixing that I still has tuning problems and after inspecting the nut I see that one of the Screw Holes is stripped. Not the screw itself but the wood. I'm equiped with only allen keys and a screwdriver so I just looked around for a spare screw and installed it. Its holding up perfectly fine now. Doesnt go out of tune if my life depended on it.

But the screw is a little shorter, so do you think that will cause problems after prolonged use?

Anyways I hope this helps out anyone with tuning issues.

EDIT: the pics were too huge sorry
    Last edited by Acesofbelkan; 02-10-2010, 09:51 PM.

if it still does cause problems after prolonged use. you can always fill it in with wood glue and tooth pics. then you can put a new screw in and it will stay tight.

Comment

Working...
    X