Soloist owners, is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Hey, guys, I found a nostril hair in my cavity!! OH NOESSSSS!!
    That's okay, I think Nick (Jacksonite) left a gray pube at the 9th fret of my Mark Morton model before I bought it a couple years ago. :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        "What if" doesn't really matter. IF that screw were catching on the spring, then sure, it would matter. It's an easy fix to file the screw down a little, and I agree, the customer shouldn't have to do that.

But it's not, so he doesn't, and it's a non issue. The screw doesn't matter. :dunno:
        What you guys are missing is that it's up to the guy with the money in hand to decide what is and isn't an issue. If he saw the guitar like that hanging on the wall at a store he might pass it up. He ordered 'the best' and got 'meh, pretty damn good', but he still paid for the best. That's the point.

toejam, that guitar is the first of many custom shop Nick DNA models. (I think they stole the idea from Ibanez)
        Last edited by Luafcm; 02-10-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          I mean, there's AIDS, cancer, and a war on terror right now. Who cares about your screws sticking through?

All those things you mentioned you can get for free, so there's no reason to complain about them

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Luafcm View Post
            What you guys are missing is that it's up to the guy with the money in hand to decide what is and isn't an issue. If he saw the guitar like that hanging on the wall at a store he might pass it up. He ordered 'the best' and got 'meh, pretty damn good', but he still paid for the best. That's the point.
            I understand your point, but my point is that anyone who makes an issue of this big enough to not buy or return the guitar is taking nit-picky to stratospheric levels.

Comment

I would use it as an excuse to return the guitar if I didn't quite gel with it!

:idea:

Comment

Originally posted by Luafcm View Post
                toejam, that guitar is the first of many custom shop Nick DNA models. (I think they stole the idea from Ibanez)
                LOL I was wondering what the inlays were really made of.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Some of you guys don't get it. I have plenty of high end Jacksons, and have owned dozens more. Trust me, your USA Select is not going to go south because of a screw. So you paid $2000 for that? Fine, deal with it or return it. Don't go whining like a bitch because you find it disheartening, it's REALLY NOT A BIG DEAL! I've seen it on more guitars than you guys have, not just Jacksons. It's fairly common, and it's not a sign of shoddy workmanship. Some of us should be woodshedding instead of bringing up moot points. Right, this is a guitar forum, so I can express my thoughts on it. If you disagree, go ahead and whine some more, we can extend this thread a few more days if need be...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

You know if my son busted his ass all summer to buy a 2,000 dollar guitar on his own and that happened I would probly send it back for him. Just because somebody owns a shit load of high guitars and likes them with screws sticking though the body doesn't make it right to tell some else to shut the fuck up & play it. Another thing, he only asked if this was normal. So who gives a rats ass about you and your many high end guitars.

Comment

Charvel750, the point of the original post was to find out if this was common or not. If it wasn't he was going to consider it a defect and return it. He didn't say what he was going to do if it was common, but the implication would be that he would deal with it and move on. That all sounds reasonable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                        Charvel750, the point of the original post was to find out if this was common or not. If it wasn't he was going to consider it a defect and return it. He didn't say what he was going to do if it was common, but the implication would be that he would deal with it and move on. That all sounds reasonable to me.
                        Exactly. That's all I was asking. No reason for everyone to get huffy.
                        KV Pro, SL2H, KE2, DK2M, Model 7 Tele, 6505+, Metal

Comment

Right on.
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

that's what I say. some people are total dicks when you ask a simple question. they belittle, insult, and go off on other members just for asking a simple question.

Comment

Its something I've seen on a few high end Jacksons I've had.Not a big deal to me.
                              One I just ground down the tip with a dremel and dropped a little super glue to fill in and the touched it up with black fingernail polish matched perfectly.
                              Fender has this problem as well sometimes.
                              The route has not been altered they put tape over the build or serial number then take it off after the paint has dired.
                              My 85 San Dimas soloist had tape still in the trem cavity so I had to peel it off to read the work order and serial number.Glad they do that it.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X