No announcement yet.

They can't even get the name right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you let him know that the white one is in the system and they should expend extra care on it?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Did you let him know that the white one is in the system and they should expend extra care on it?
      Yes, I told him about that. It's due in by "end of the month" so it may already be done... I don't mind waiting longer for one that's absolutely right, though.

Comment

Originally posted by plon View Post
        If the neck pickup is a 59, that's how they come from Seymour Duncan.
        +1, I've saw this on several 59's including the Bengal SL2H that I used to have.

Comment

I had some issues with my first Jackson. A KV2 I bought from zzounds (if I'm not mistaken) back in 05 or 06. I opened it up and the first thing I noticed was the glue on the fretboard. Ugh. I was still happy to have a brand new Jackson so I figured I could have my roomie's dad touch it up. But I looked a little closer and noticed these hairline cracks in the fretboard as well. That was an issue. I had already planned on sending it back but until I was able to get in touch with Zzounds (Fender wouldn't hear it) I was going to play it. I didn't care for the setup, so I opened up the back to make a small adjustment to the springs when I discovered the inside wasn't even painted.

I did get a a replacement shipped out to me. Zzounds didn't even ask for the old one back. The new one just showed up one day. I didn't want to incur a second charge so I sent back the oldie. The new KV2, while still not as playable as my buddy's older KV2, was the best guitar I'd ever owned. I snapped the headstock off recently though and picked up a 1996 RR1. And holy shit, that RR1 rips. Neck profile was never a big issue for me. I can play a Les Paul just as comfortably as I can play a Soloist. But sometimes the strings just meet the frets beautifully and every old Jackson I've played so far has shared that trait. Maybe I'm unlucky, a lot of members here stand by the new Jacksons, but I'll take mine a little more fermented any day of the week.

Comment

Hmm.. I nearly wound up buying a WR1 (Black with white pinstripes) from ZZ/AMS. I hope this is not how that guitar would've appeared, for the sake of anyone that does buy one.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              Hmm.. I nearly wound up buying a WR1 (Black with white pinstripes) from ZZ/AMS. I hope this is not how that guitar would've appeared, for the sake of anyone that does buy one.
              They took care of the problem and I'd bought guitars from them in the past. They've always been a good company in my experience. It's the manufacturer's fault.

Comment

Working...
              X