1989 King V with 24 frets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 King V with 24 frets!

This guitar was purchased for me by a good friend from US. Serial J5237 (close to my zebra KV) and WO 5110.

While 24 fret 80s RRs are considered rare and desirable many forget that outside Mustaine's MD logo KV we have not really seen other 24 fret KVs from that era. Before this one popped up the Warbird KV was the earliest know non-Mustaine 24 fretter - being from 1990. Of course later on 24 frets became the standard but for many like me the later ones without 80s heavy poplar just won't do for thrash.

This guitar seems all original with untouched electronics (J80 and J50N), JT590 tremolo and other usual HW for the period. Note also the 89 smaller logo.
    What is also common to that era is the strong yellowing of the laquer making this one seem ivory in appearance while it's white pearl originally.

Condition is among the most used I've seen lately. Lots of battlescars and also a somewhat worrying crack around the first tuner. Easy fix though with some glue.

Neck profile is the wide flat feeling type that many of us love in these 89 Jacksons. Jumbo frets with light curves.

Some pics...

And a video of how it does thrash metal. Direct to PC with Sansamp GT-2.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOXXhWNKY2Y
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

God damn that's my kind of guitar. Awesome find, bro.

Comment

Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

god i love white v's. imho that is the best color on one. did you get a good deal on it?
        DK2 EERIE DESS
        KE3 CUSTOM
        KELLY PROFESSIONAL
        KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
        RR3 PRO
        BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
        KRAMER VOYAGER
        LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
        TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Okay before I say anthing about the guitar I just have to say, that was some nice right hand work in that video.

The frets look to be in amazing shape on that one. Has it been refretted?
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That is such a sweet score Jani - we just don't see enough white guitars
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Score! Yeah the mid 80's ones had kind of a narrow fretboard, which don't give you as much room to play on as the later wider ones.

Comment

Very nice indeed.
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  The frets look to be in amazing shape on that one. Has it been refretted?
                  No but I just polished them so they look like new. They have slight curves but not enough to be an issue yet.
                  My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X