most desirable finish on a SD strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most desirable finish on a SD strat

I have an early SD strat as a project ready, but I'm wondering which finish option would be the most desirable?

rising sun, van halen striping,.. other???
    :think:

I personally love the rising sun graphic. I think most non-guitar people would notice VH stripes first though.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Even though I worshipped EVH in my teens and think he was a great guitarist and did many great things for music, and innovating gear & technique, I still would never paint my guitar like that. to me its just pointless. other peeps think its great and thats cool. hey to each thier own.

I would do a snakeskin, rising sun, or tiger stripe. but thats just me, even though they are considered "signature" graphics of Dimartini, Lynch, etc.... they are not as famous as the stripes of EVH and recognizable

The EVH stripes to me are just retarded looking.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Well, to the best of my knowledge, never been done... But I'd love to see a Marvin the Martian graphic.

"You make me verrry angry."

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Well, to the best of my knowledge, never been done... But I'd love to see a Marvin the Martian graphic.

OH DUDE! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT GRAPHIC!!!!!!!!

thats too damn funny!!!! I cant believe someone else thought of it too.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

You don't see too many Hot Rod Flame Jacksons - sure, lots of Ghost Flames, and such, but not too many old-school Charvel Hot Rod Flames.

Red/White Checkerboard would be cool too.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

As much as I dug Ed's playing back in the day, I would never go for the EVH strips... It's actually kind of a dumb paint job IMO. :dunno:

I am partial to the red & white stripes, the red bullseye, and the rising sun. Hot Rod Flames would also be very cool.

Comment

Totally OT, but I'm waiting for some diehard Eddie fan to get tattooed head to toe in VH stripes Enigma-style. Of course, Ed's attorneys probably wouldn't let the person leave their house.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post

Although it is only a sticker, I present to you my Marvin the Martian Charvel graphic Model 1:

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

86 jackson strat, SD/Ontario? 10/86 dated.

Comment

My first thought is gold snakeskin..but with the charvel martini coming out I woul probably go with a bloodsplatter..or a pencil sketch..the world can never have too many of those!

Comment

How about a setting sun just to be a little different?

Most desirable to who?
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

Wait, wait wait... Wait. We all forgot the most desirable and rare of all finishes...

Cock Dragon.

Comment

I said it before - I'll say it again: Real Feel Cockdragon!
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              I said it before - I'll say it again: Real Feel Cockdragon!
                              Needs tubing and some kind of sensor/pump arrangement so it spits when you pet it.

Comment

Working...
                              X